Old barley corn pub

I'm looking for Phil Watson (doc Watson ) or little Ted aged between 60 to 65 years old who used to go in the old Barley corn pub in Sheffield with all the teddy boys and Knew a Little Chad (Stephen Challenger) his family would like to let them know he passed away 7th Feb 2018 thank you for your help.

My uncle Roy (big Chad) was landlord at that pub some time towards the end of the 70's

---------- Post added 16-02-2018 at 17:11 ----------

Did Chad used to go in Whetstone in the 70s

My uncle Roy (big Chad) was landlord at that pub some time towards the end of the 70's

When I went to whetstone Lynda and John ran the pub in the 77 did chad hang around with a gang called tomahawks ?

Didn't the old Barley corn become Henry's.

When I went to whetstone Lynda and John ran the pub in the 77 did chad hang around with a gang called tomahawks ?

I've asked my mum about the gang but she cant remember,Both big and little chad lived on Meersbrook Avenue with their parents Margaret and Austin with their two sisters Susan and Wendy Unfortunately Wendy got Leukemia aged 7 and passed away.

---------- Post added 17-02-2018 at 12:05 ----------

I was told it changed to Moorfoot tavern so not too sure.

---------- Post added 17-02-2018 at 19:24 ----------

http://s1338.photobucket.com/user/clarelou4/media/27973831_165436570772645_2029301125858317752_n_zpsbgegr6dt.jpg.html

Thanks Clarelou, I knew Chad very well but lost touch when he went to London working, and I moved to Leicester, Tamworth and Lancashire. I will contact Phil Watson and let him know the sad news, Phil still lives on Sharrow Lane. We all had some great times, must have sunk a thousand gallons of beer between us over the years!

Ted

In the 50s and 60s it had a reputation as a spot to pick up a prostitute (either gender). Big Ada who plied her greengrocery and flower trade on Dixon Hill frequented it.

The Barleycorn changed its name to THE CAMBRIDGE in the mid 1970's and cleaned itself up a bit. I think it was the building that became CUTLERS bar and is now an arts centre or something....correct me if I am wrong though

Guest makapaka
The Barleycorn changed its name to THE CAMBRIDGE in the mid 1970's and cleaned itself up a bit. I think it was the building that became CUTLERS bar and is now an arts centre or something....correct me if I am wrong though

It’s the building that was until recently Henry’s.

I was told it changed to Moorfoot tavern so not too sure.

The Moorfoot Tavern was originally the Whetstone. On Cumberland Street, a fair distance from the Barleycorn/Henry's.

The Moorfoot Tavern was originally the Whetstone. On Cumberland Street, a fair distance from the Barleycorn/Henry's.

And The Whetstone was a "round the corner" replacement for the Travellers, if my memory is not playing tricks.