Tom Daley and partner expecting!!

I dont think its right for people to sell their bodies for money, its like prostitution, its morally wrong but it cannot be stopped when all the parties concerned are willing.

That’s one view and I respect it.

The law is often deficient in covering moral angles, but it can only go so far.

Not sure I would class surrogacy as prostitution though.

---------- Post added 16-02-2018 at 19:17 ----------

We are buying a baby,why not tell the truth.

That is most likely the biological child of one of the couple who will parent it.

people are being uppity about language because hes gay :roll:

Some people seem to care about punctuation, grammar even more so. I am sure many woman have been described as 'expecting'.

in the traditional sense, the dictionary sense

WE are expecting a baby..........ie:- the storks going to drop a baby for us, NOT that one is going to be pregnant.

Like i said earlier (which seems to get ignored) you can say im expecting the gasman, doesnt mean im going to give birth to one.

people are being uppity about language because hes gay :roll:

Interesting that those posters who are getting uppity about Tom Daley & his partner's use of the term 'expecting', aren't so exact when it comes to their own spelling, punctuation or grammar.

Another case of 'do as I say, not as I do'.

Perhaps we'll eventually get on to complaints that the word gay used to be such a lovely and innocent word, before the homosexualists stole it, and corrupted its usage. :rolleyes:

Edited by Mister M

Perhaps we'll eventually get on to complaints that the word gay used to be such a lovely and innocent word, before the homosexualists stole it, and corrupted its usage. :rolleyes:

....and flounce and mince off?

So Tom Daley olympic diver and Partner Dustin lance Black are now

"expecting " their first baby!! oh really????? how does that happen then? have we missed something in the evolution of man?

no! they have paid or borrowed a surrogate, they are not expecting ! god its no wonder kids are screwed up nowadays.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/feb/14/tom-daley-and-dustin-lance-black-expecting-their-first-child

Its the kid i fell sorry for.

...cos gays arent decent, and normal and are paedos etc etc etc dribble dribble

...cos gays arent decent, and normal and are paedos etc etc etc dribble dribble

I don't think it's that,we were discussing yesterday and must say the gay guys I have met come over as nice kind people,I think not having mum is what he means it's hard without one mark my words.

Have you got any evidence that being raised by two dads or two mums results in worse outcomes for children?

Or any evidence about relationship breakdown in same sex couples verses male & female couples?

Or any evidence about income levels of same sex against male & female couples?

If so please produce it. If you can prove there’s a point I’m going to agree with you.

If you don’t have it stop guessing based on prejudice.

It's your parents I feel sorry for.

You are a great advertisement for contraception :)

I agree. Nobody chooses to be born let alone chooses to be brought up by two men rather than a normal man and woman relationship. These two men are selfish people.

I can understand same sex couples being given the custody of a child, if one of the couple is either the father or mother as a consequence of a past genuine normal heterosexual relationship, which has ended for whatever reasons. In my opinion same sex couples should not be allowed to adopt children or use surrogacy to obtain a child. A child should be brought up by a man and a woman.

No, it's the fact they are a gay couple that has got people looking for reasons to be upset. Let's at least be honest here.

If I'm honest I'm uncomfortable with the idea of two gay men bringing up a child but I'm not "upset" about it.

When my wife was pregnant I never said I'm expecting a baby.

Don't have a problem with gays particularly, although I'm glad I'm not one of them.

---------- Post added 17-02-2018 at 09:26 ----------

I agree. Nobody chooses to be born let alone chooses to be brought up by two men rather than a normal man and woman relationship. These two men are selfish people.

I can understand same sex couples being given the custody of a child, if one of the couple is either the father or mother as a consequence of a past genuine normal heterosexual relationship, which has ended for whatever reasons. In my opinion same sex couples should not be allowed to adopt children or use surrogacy to obtain a child. A child should be brought up by a man and a woman.

Although in the main I agree with you, could i push and ask why?

Why.........?

---------- Post added 17-02-2018 at 09:33 ----------

If I'm honest I'm uncomfortable with the idea of two gay men bringing up a child but I'm not "upset" about it.

When my wife was pregnant I never said I'm expecting a baby.

Don't have a problem with gays particularly, although I'm glad I'm not one of them.

---------- Post added 17-02-2018 at 09:26 ----------

Although in the main I agree with you, could i push and ask why?

Why are you uncomfortable?