Tom Daley and partner expecting!!

@ the four posters above

Have you got kids yes\no

If no then belt up!!

Hahaha.

Not that it makes any difference but I have, thanks.

Now, mrcharlie, your turn. Have you ever met any kids who have been brought up by gay parents?

Personally I think any child deserves to be brought up by caring parents no matter what gender and the horrified should spend their obviously spare time defending the many neglected and abused children since they are so concerned with child welfare.

@ the four posters above

Have you got kids yes\no

If no then belt up!!

mrcharlie, in what specific ways do you think being raised by gay parents can be harmful to the child?

Hahaha.

Not that it makes any difference but I have, thanks.

Now, mrcharlie, your turn. Have you ever met any kids who have been brought up by gay parents?

Very good and ofcourse you know the answer too!

I don't care for being branded homophobic and full of hatred simply because I refuse to accept gay rights.

If same sex couples want kids then it's clear nature never intended it to be. So adoption is the only route. My point throughout this whole debate has been that the adopted child should be t an age where they are able to understand the relationship they will be raised in.

What is wrong with that?

Why the need for a new baby when there are thousands of children older who would probably love to be adopted by such sporting parents. That has been my argument all along. It's almost like they want what is impossible to get.... A brand new baby made to order!!

That is so wrong!!

I don't care for being branded homophobic and full of hatred simply because I refuse to accept gay rights.

If same sex couples want kids then it's clear nature never intended it to be. So adoption is the only route. My point throughout this whole debate has been that the adopted child should be t an age where they are able to understand the relationship they will be raised in.

What is wrong with that?

Why the need for a new baby when there are thousands of children older who would probably love to be adopted by such sporting parents. That has been my argument all along. It's almost like they want what is impossible to get.... A brand new baby made to order!!

That is so wrong!!

My bold

Then stop being homophobic.

Try to imagine that homosexual people have the same rights as hetrosexual people and shouldn't be treated differently because of their sexuality.

Then read your posts again.

What is wrong with that?

That is so wrong!!

So, have you met any kids that have been brought up by gay parents?

A simple yes or no will do. We already get your hatred for gay parenting, no need to tell us all over again. Just answer the question

What is wrong with that?

That is so wrong!!

Is adoption the only option for straight couples too?

I assume the obvious answer is no. And in fact that you don't know anyone gay at all, is that correct?

Hahahaha, you don't want to be considered homophobic simply for the reason that you think gay people should have less rights than straight people.

Read that again.

Why? Children don't get that choice in any other situation, so why is this one different. You haven't, won't or can't explain why.

What is wrong with that?

That hasn't been your argument. But I imagine that they wanted one of them to be the biological father, hardly surprising is it. Straight couples have IVF and treatments for the same reason, they tend to only adopt as a last resort.

What is wrong with that?

That is so wrong!!

Academics have often said that those with the most extreme criticisms and OTT reactions are the ones who are desperately trying to suppress their desires to be the very thing they criticise.

Clearly you are fearful of change. It's understandable as it's a big step. Maybe you are so far back in the closet you are in Narnia.

Come out. Embrace the change. Time to be who you really want to be.

You will feel so much better for it.

Hmm....

I'm not swayed in the slightest of these arguments put forward to defend this scandalous story. It is wrong, but like all non heterosexual couples it now has the backing of the powerful political correctness brigade - which I assume stems from former Oxbridge student days. It has long been established that homosexuality is rife amongst the upbringing of the political elite and such.

So back to topic... Allow me to put it another way.

My biggest problem with this is that the child has zero say - the child's choices are made and in this case before it has even been born.

Imagine the outcry if deeply religious parents conceived a child and heaven forbid the parents died and the child was put up for adoption - what would me the outcry if the natural parents were devout Catholics, but to appear politically correct the adoptive parents were devout Muslims. There would be a huge outcry, would there not. I'm not being xenophobic or homophobic etc etc. I'm simply implying that this is political correctness gone mad. If gay couples want a child then I think it's only fair that they are restricted to adopting a child who is old enough to realise the surroundings they will be raised in. Anything less is in my view wrong.

I totally disagree with all of this and what it represents. The gay community is getting far too much power simply because those in power have personal thoughts on this.

It is wrong and I will never accept otherwise.

You are homophobic, anyone reading that post would say so - even homophobes. Its like saying you aren't arachnophobic but you are frightened of spiders.

But it's 2018. As long as you don't launch attacks on gay people, discriminate against them in your business, fine - be a homophobe.

Just man up and own it.

If same sex couples want kids then it's clear nature never intended it to be. So adoption is the only route

Really?

Its what science does, make things that nature didnt, just like hetrosexual couples that CANT have babies the "normal" way, also have science to help make babies, which involves a doner of one or the other.

Amazing now that homosexual couples CAN have babies, almost the "normal" way :thumbsup:

My bold

You pretty much are.

We dont agree sometimes but I'd have to agree 100% with this. There are some pretty odious and intolerant comments dressed up in concern for the child in all of this.

---------- Post added 18-02-2018 at 13:40 ----------

Tough. If you dont accept gay rights then you are being homophobic.