Harvey Weinstein

13 minutes ago, jaffa1 said:

What gets me is why these females didn't  speak  up at the time it happened nstead of waiting years to reveal  their plight?

I suggest they waited until they became famous/ well known , if they spoke up earlier they would never have made it would they?  They knew what they were doing just like he knew what he was doing. Cat and mouse game. 

It's been well known but the truth has been suppressed: Extreme measures Weinstein took to bury alleged crimes.

15 minutes ago, max said:

It's been well known but the truth has been suppressed: Extreme measures Weinstein took to bury alleged crimes.

I don't  buy this, if it was me and I wanted to speak  out then by golly  I would , but I suppose it sells books.

As Joan Collins said, they were all well aware  of the the casting couch so the best way was to stay clear of it.

They could also be threatened that they would never work in films again,  producers knew each other and if there were so many of them  'at it' then the starlets' careers were over before they started.

Edited by cressida

2 hours ago, West 77 said:

He did have a three hour operation on his spine in December which might explain why he used the walking frame.

Oh, didn’t know he had one (a spine, not an operation).

3 minutes ago, cressida said:

They could also be threatened that they would never work in films again,  producers knew each other and if there were so many of them  'at it' then the starlets' careers were over before they started.

That's  what I mean, they waited until they were well established before  they spilt the beans, they know once they've made their name someone will set them on.

They could always come to Britain  we're not that fussy.

4 hours ago, jaffa1 said:

What gets me is why these females didn't  speak  up at the time it happened nstead of waiting years to reveal  their plight?

I suggest they waited until they became famous/ well known , if they spoke up earlier they would never have made it would they?  They knew what they were doing just like he knew what he was doing. Cat and mouse game. 

I accept the courts judgment for what he has done, but if someone commits a crime against an adult, it should be reported to the police, at that time. Or people rightly should be asking why.

So now his arse has been nailed to the wall, how about going after all those who knew what he'd done and turned a blind eye? The cover-up aides, the enablers? It's Jimmy Savile all over again. You can't do all that and people not know.

On 14/02/2018 at 14:45, gaz 786 said:

Harvey wiestien keeps getting accused of sexual offences .... Is he guilty or was it just women trying to enhance their careers

He is guilty. You're attention seeking by framing it with the accusation that they're trying to enhance their careers.

On 25/02/2020 at 14:24, jaffa1 said:

I don't  buy this, if it was me and I wanted to speak  out then by golly  I would , but I suppose it sells books.

As Joan Collins said, they were all well aware  of the the casting couch so the best way was to stay clear of it.

I'm guessing empathy isn't a strong point with you.

Anyone victim blaming here needs to have a word with themselves.

the blokes been convicted - how why and when the accusations came about is irrelevant - he’s a convicted sex offender.

10 hours ago, makapaka said:

Anyone victim blaming here needs to have a word with themselves.

the blokes been convicted - how why and when the accusations came about is irrelevant - he’s a convicted sex offender.

Let's be correct here - he's been convicted for two out of five charges. Therefore it seems that SOME accusations were not justified. 

1 hour ago, Branyy said:

Let's be correct here - he's been convicted for two out of five charges. Therefore it seems that SOME accusations were not justified. 

That’s fine - where he’s been found not guilty then so be it.

but he is still a convicted sex offender though.