Meghan, why is she an Actress, not an Actor?

What happens behind the scenes?

What dont you know. ? Well Im not giving you a History lesson Sunshine. You should have paid more attention at School .:hihi:

Megan the actor/actress now has the weight of the royal establishment fully behind her. Whatever she does from now on will be done better than any one in the Country could do it. She has become a superwoman overnight. :roll:

Angel1.

Megan the actor/actress now has the weight of the royal establishment fully behind her. Whatever she does from now on will be done better than any one in the Country could do it. She has become a superwoman overnight. :roll:

Angel1.

Saw her in Suits. She played a blinder. Mind you she must blind getting in with this jerk. He wunt have pulled a bird like this if he wern't a Royal. Same with the other jerk. Willy Nilly. Mind you the two will never know if these two women married them for love or just a title. To be quite honest they all deserve each other.:gag:

I think Meghan Markle looks a bit like Wallis Simpson (wife of Edward Vlll) or is that just me? Let's hope she's less trouble.

That's because it separates the men from the women for awards, now despite the awards they are all called actors irrespective of gender. Simples!

No. They are not.

You might.

Others might.

But plenty don't.

How come with acting you have 'Actor' and 'Actress', but with other trades ('Electrician', 'Teacher', etc) there is no differentiation between genders? How come different rules apply to the acting profession?

Head Master, Head Mistress?

I was always taught to call my Teachers "Sir" or "Miss"

And before anyone starts... Miss, Ms and Mrs are all short for Mistress

"Mrs originated as a contraction of the honorific Mistress, the feminine of Mister, or Master, which was originally applied to both married and unmarried women."

I think Meghan Markle looks a bit like Wallis Simpson (wife of Edward Vlll) or is that just me? Let's hope she's less trouble.

Yes I thought that the first time I saw her, she's got that weird nose too

Jeez, is this thread for real?

Next we'll be arguing why women's zips are opposite to mens zips, why women's pockets are shallower than mens pockets......

Is this nonsense ever going to end!!

Edited by mrcharlie

We already have Princess Michael of Kent.

LOL, Good one :hihi:

---------- Post added 17-02-2018 at 15:37 ----------

Why is it that all the females in the theatre, film and other acting professions are all now called Actors but every time Megan Markle is mentioned on the TV news or in the newspaper she's afforded the title Actress, why? This is a them and us scenario or is it she's not called an Actor because it may be thought Harry's going to marry a man. To me a women is an Actress and a man is an Actor.

She has Canadian roots, I believe, so she should be an Acting Person as per the Canadian Prime Minister.

---------- Post added 17-02-2018 at 15:45 ----------

Jeez, is this thread for real?

Next we'll be arguing why women's zips are different to mens, why women's pockets are shallower than mens pockets.

Is this nonsense ever going to end!!

It all reminds me of that old one " What does a man do standing, a woman do sitting down and a dog do on three legs?" Of course, the answer is quite obvious, they shake hands.:D