''The war on men''

Many women suffer grievously in silence - whether to do with being leered at, discriminated against, and much of the work that was once regarded as female (such as caring for others) is downgraded.

Work is often graded on the education needed to do the job, caring for other is not recognised as a skill.

Are you implying that women who complain and make a noise are somehow less than real women?

Lets say people .

It applies to anybody man or woman.

Lets say people .

It applies to anybody man or woman.

So you're saying that people who complain a lot and are vocal about problems are less than real people?

Really?

Work is often graded on the education needed to do the job, caring for other is not recognised as a skill.

There are lots of facets to caring for people well. Also there are lots of examples of people in jobs, in the public sector, who are well remunerated staffed by people who don't have qualifications higher than a GCSE.

I disagree with this.

Many women suffer grievously in silence - whether to do with being leered at, discriminated against, and much of the work that was once regarded as female (such as caring for others) is downgraded.

Speaking out about this, and organising against it is not snowflake. It's the opposite. It's not putting up with ****, being a martyr, or waiting until someone looks kindly & changes things for them.

Many average women have benefitted from campaigning by feminists and others. You criticise other men for 'pathetic, emasculating, grovelling, patronising backslapping' for siding with them. What is pathetic and patronising is someone who, in the face of a colossus of evidence out there, sneering and accusing them of having a snowflake attitude.

If you admire all these strong women for putting up with so much. You suffer their indignities in silence.

Disagree with whatever you want, suffering in silence is something many people do, male and female, and for many and various reasons, that's just how some people are, and I have not even mentioned caring for others on here so I'm not sure why that is in your reply to me :huh:

Your arguing against the point that I know lots of women who just go about their lives happily and are contented with their lot, like the vast majority of other people do. The snowflake comment is aimed towards those precious young feminists who have hardly experienced life and are happy to blame everything on what they call the patriarchy.

I have worked in industry all my working life, it's generally very male orientated in the steel and engineering firms, however I know quite a few women who have worked amongst us 'privileged' males in the industry, this was an industrial city in case you have forgotten, and many women worked in the cutlery and engineering factories.

I can tell you now those women could hold their own with any man and I never saw a man brave enough to disrespect them or abuse them, they would have torn him to shreds, so let's stop playing the poor downgraded woman stuff all the time eh, you can suck up all the modern day fluffy nonsense fella I don't have to :roll:

Treat yourself to this:

Edited by Michael_W

Anyway, this isn't a thread about about racial profiling, it's about the so-called 'war on men'.

Thanks H, we agree. Let's keep it on topic. That discussion can be new one if anyone cares enough.

Guest makapaka

Halibut has clearly got their troll fix - “the war on men” doesn’t even exist.

Halibut has clearly got their troll fix - “the war on men” doesn’t even exist.

Next, we discuss 'the cod war' Should we have allowed Icelandic gunboats to shoot at our trawlers, just for stealing fish? Would Thatcher have stood for it? All wars are a bit fishy if you ask me .:D Oh sorry I thought you said 'Halibut has clearly got their troll fish";)

Yeah well mr know nowt, if I introduced you to my wife she could prove she had more balls than you and me put together, kitchen sink indeed ..... ageist plum :D

As for educated, really ?

I have to say there are so many women I have known in my lifetime who are strong , gritty, determined, passionate, humorous, who go about their lives without this precious snowflake attitude that has sucked in the likes of Cyclone, Halibut, melthebell types who post on here. My message to them is the average woman doesn't need your pathetic, emasculating, grovelling, patronising backslapping ..... the 'real women' are doing it for themselves and always have been.

So basically you're denying that women have suffered from any discrimination at all and saying that feminism isn't needed.

Along with a bit of an ad hom attack, because you'd rather attack the poster than the argument. :roll:

Is this the latest right wing tactic? When you can't prove a point, or even make a coherent one, call the people arguing against you snowflakes, as if that makes your view correct. It'd be funny, if it weren't tragic.

---------- Post added 17-02-2018 at 10:25 ----------

Just what is excessive? You first need to look at the black population stats for the district you are analysing. Then you need to factor in the district crime rate, the race breakdown of perpetrators, whether the people being stopped are known to the police, etc.

I suspect that your unsubstantiated claim will turn out to be a wild one and once you've looked at the data critically I think you will struggle to prove yourself right.

Can YOU justify your claim along with the other on topic ones? I think not, but you can try. Off you pop.

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2012/jan/14/stop-search-racial-profiling-police

Knock yourself out.

So you're saying that people who complain a lot and are vocal about problems are less than real people?

Really?

Yes really, because they are not facing up to reality. The only way forward is to pick yourself up and get on with life. Complaining just perpetuates the problem.

Yes really, because they are not facing up to reality. The only way forward is to pick yourself up and get on with life. Complaining just perpetuates the problem.

Utter nonsense. D'you think the suffragettes shouldn't have complained?

That's just rubbish. Votes for women for starters, wouldn't have happened unless somebody complained. Unions. Id agree they aren't as valid as they used to be but still have a purpose.

And now you've made me agree with halibut. Thanks for that.