Dr Who filmed in Sheffield

I made a point of watching it tonight (because of the Sheffield connection,) and really enjoyed it.

I thought Jodie Whitakker was excellent as the quirky new doctor, and will reinvigorate the franchise.

I made a point of watching it tonight (because of the Sheffield connection,) and really enjoyed it.

I thought Jodie Whitakker was excellent as the quirky new doctor, and will reinvigorate the franchise.

I thought the story was a bit weak. Whitakker was excellent though, spot on, although I still want to see Maggie Smith as the Doctor.

Totally agree Anna and reviews online say the same it was very good and Jodie is gorgeous imho

Whitaker was great, there were too many new characters competing with the plot so something had to give. Only thing that grated (apart from some of the weak yorkshire accents) was when the character Grace supposed to be Sheffielder called Hathersage Hather-SAGE. Twice in the last week I've heard it pronounced that way by the BBC, lol

Nice one with the sonic screwdriver though

For a programme that used to be for children there seemed to be lot of death and an all but incomprehensible plot, but maybe it was always that way?

It seemed to get very dark very quickly between finding the object in the quite light woods and climbing into the train in total darkness. Not sure what happened to the guard or conductor on the train but it isn't possible to lean out and open the doors on any trains operating between Hathersage and Grindleford.

Well, it is a drama.

I thought it was a bit meh, story wise. Was more interested in working out where all the locations where!

I'd guess the opening scenes around Stocksbridge?

Also, the hammer in the car wind-shield; was that at the top of Hunterhouse Road, at Hunters Bar?

What other locations did you spot?

Watch JW interviewed on the Stephen Colbert Show, ensure you have tsubtitles turned on, and about 30 seconds in see the new spelling of Huddersfield.

Norton Water Tower was featured, also the big cranes at HTC Plant on the right hand side of the M1 just before Meadowhall as you travel south. Plus the view over the city from Park Hill Flats near to the end.

Might give it a watch again. Stopped watching Dr.Who after the first episode with Capaldi in it, think he was the worst so far.

I thought the story was a bit weak. Whitakker was excellent though, spot on, although I still want to see Maggie Smith as the Doctor.

Not really watched Dr.Who since the days of Jon Pertwee & only watched this because of the Sheffield references but thought Jody Whittaker did a decent job. Liked Bradley Walsh, bit underrated as an actor & the younger actors seemed credible.

Some good one liners & now we know, the sonic screwdriver's made from Sheffield steel.

Overall story line. Hope the person who wrote the screenplay for 'Predator' wasn't watching? They might be on to their lawyers for plagiarism?

Edited by Baron99
Amendments

It is terrible in almost every way.

The acting and story line was pathetic in the extreme ,only watched it because the wife loves it. As Ted Bovis once said "First rule of comedy spike ,its got to be believable"

---------- Post added 08-10-2018 at 16:44 ----------

I thought it was a bit meh, story wise. Was more interested in working out where all the locations where!

I'd guess the opening scenes around Stocksbridge?

Also, the hammer in the car wind-shield; was that at the top of Hunterhouse Road, at Hunters Bar?

Didn't recognise any Stockbridge, we were doing the spot the location as well. It made Sheffield look grubby, oh it is, so they got something right.

i thought it was rather good, the plot for the first episode after a regeneration is the doctor becoming the doctor not aliens and such like