Everyone's salary should be viewable online

Public salary details  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Public salary details

• I would
    • I would not
    • Other people should but not me

Maybe there should be some kind of parallel register indicating how much dog food the household consumes?

Why not answer the reasonable concern noted rather than flap about with flippant comments?

Why not answer the reasonable concern noted rather than flap about with flippant comments?

OK. I agree with you. Hope that you feel better now. I quite like the idea that database enquiries are provided to the person searched.

I do have quite big dogs though.

I never said I felt bad. Stop ascribing untruths to me.

I never said I felt bad. Stop ascribing untruths to me.

I'm delighted to hear that you are as well as you say, long may it continue. Anyway, In respect of your earlier comment, personally I wouldn't have much income showing as salary at all. How about you, do you think there's a transparency issue one way or the other?

Its everyones business what benefits people claim and the taxes they pay.

No it isn't. What a bizarre notion.

I would be happy to post it, wouldnt bother me at all. Its £4 per year.

Revealing any of it TBH could indicate prime targets for the next burglary...

Not being a burglar, I would not know how they select their next target; but isn't it real assets like cars/TVs/jewellery that they are interested in?

---------- Post added 13-02-2018 at 11:36 ----------

I would be happy to post it, wouldn't bother me at all. Its £4 per year.

I did earn around £19k a few years ago, but I think I earn about £15k now; but you can tell I am not rich by the car that I drive.

Declaring it means nothing to thieves, I could be a Bitcoin millionaire.

Ordinary people will be subjected to scrutiny, while the wealthy will always find ways of keeping theirs secret. The majority of their income will be squirreled away in offshore accounts - just like tax.

Ordinary people will be subjected to scrutiny, while the wealthy will always find ways of keeping theirs secret. The majority of their income will be squirreled away in offshore accounts - just like tax.

Some of the super rich are 'genuinely' international and do not stay in one country, this is how NON-DOM status came in. It needs reviewing.

Not being a burglar, I would not know how they select their next target; but isn't it real assets like cars/TVs/jewellery that they are interested in?[

Id have thought cash would be even more desirable myself. However if you have two otherwise identical houses and one has a signifincantly higher income than another then which is going to be picked?

---------- Post added 13-02-2018 at 12:44 ----------

You dont squirrel tax away... thats the job of the Government!

Here's an idea. Some people get ever so cross at people who earn lots of money so let's hear who's willing to share their own salary details.

It should be based on annual income, from all taxable sources, not just salary that is available for the public to view.

Then we could have a revolution.