Everyone's salary should be viewable online

Public salary details  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Public salary details

• I would
    • I would not
    • Other people should but not me

Not a chance would i let my earnings be shown online .

You never know who is watching. :)

Presumably the majority of your earnings aren't declared, selling dodgy cigarettes and alcohol etc...

So it makes sense that you'd want to hide the discrepancy between declared income and lifestyle, someone might report you...

Half of this makes no sense, and the first bit is wrong. I'm self employed, work less than 9 - 5 and would be happy for my tax return to be shared.

In reality, if you knew my real name you could look me up as a director and get my company tax return anyway.

You're not Mr Cyclone?! :confused:

People earning over half a million and any bonuses they get should be made public and what their job description is. You never know they may deserve it.

Then put the wage of someone who works full time at Asda or similar next to it.

What would this achieve?

---------- Post added 14-02-2018 at 10:17 ----------

nobodys tax return gives a true picture of income its a generalisation!

How is your tax return only a generalisation? It declares very precisely how much income you have from every source.

It doesn't go to disposable income of course, because it doesn't have any information about expenditure.

---------- Post added 14-02-2018 at 10:17 ----------

You're not Mr Cyclone?! :confused:

:hihi: Indeed I am not. Nor is my business call Cyclone industries. :)

If people are so concerned what others earn and feel the need for it to be published where does it eventually all stop, why not publish the hours they work, what they do, benefits they claim, holidays and sick days they have, the pension they have got etc etc.

This politics of envy, just like identity politics does gall me, and it usually comes from the middle class types pretending to be bothered about the working class types to get at the wealthier 'higher' class types who they seem to 'envy' and despise .... weird.

I know people who have grafted their nadgers off to make ends meet and others who have had it almost handed to them on a plate, and then there are the millions in-between, that's life !

:hihi: Indeed I am not. Nor is my business call Cyclone industries. :)

I don't think I can carry on today. :( My belief system is rather shaken!

The classic lie.

What are you hiding?

In terms of tax and salary I take very little - certainly way less than most NMW.

Dividends on the other hand are another matter.... it's not a simple figure thats amenable to what the OP wants I dont think.

I'd love to hear what the OP wants.

I'd love to hear what the OP wants.

You are the OP.

Wearing the wrong sock are we?

---------- Post added 14-02-2018 at 11:14 ----------

really??? a classic lie:suspect: whys that then?

Because everyone has things that they want to keep secret.

If you think otherwise please post your mothers maiden name, all the numbers off you credit cards and your address up here.....

I can see an argument for people who are paid from taxpayer's money salary being viewed online. However people paid from private companies or who are self employed,should only have to give that information to HRMC. It really isn't any business of any one else what people earn, who work in the private sector.

It wouldn't bother me if anyone knew how much I earned but I can't comprehend why anyone would want to know. I have no interest in how much other people earn, it doesn't affect my life in any way.

I can see an argument for people who are paid from taxpayer's money salary being viewed online. However people paid from private companies or who are self employed,should only have to give that information to HRMC. It really isn't any business of any one else what people earn, who work in the private sector.

I think they pretty much are aren't they?

NHS for example, you can find the various payscales/bands online. I know that my friend for example is a senior consultant of over 10 years, so I can look up his basic salary. There are other parts of course, such as clinical excellence awards etc, but I can get a good idea. Same thing for the police, and I believe teacher salaries are online too (but that might not be correct).

If you think otherwise please post your mothers maiden name, all the numbers off you credit cards and your address up here.....

Don't confuse security with secrecy.