Cat are a nuisance

Neighbours cats frequently haunt my garden, leaving calling cards all over the place. But what really grips me is that the gits are forever trying to catch the birds in the garden.

My wife and myself love the birds, and do a great deal to make sure that they are well fed and watered, especially with winter looming. But the bloody cats are scaring the birds away.

Does anyone know of an effective way of detering the rotten moggies from infesting my garden, please?

I like to watch cats run around and do daft things, have one myself, but he can't hunt anything bigger than a wasp thankfully!

A quick Google search gives some good ideas, look at this website - https://www.thespruce.com/cat-repellents-to-keep-cats-out-of-your-yard-2132573

Putting sharp natural things on the top of the dirt might stop them digging; and if you garden in seasons, lay some chicken wire down when you next dig over your garden.

Fed up with them in my garden, found around a dozen birds killed this year by neighbours cats, everyday another calling card is left, how come dog owners have to clean up after their dogs but not cat owners?!

I always thought cats burried their poo? Where I live they are leaving a mess on my concrete path its impossible to dodge this, the smell is terrible and sticks to my shoes:gag: My grass has poo everywhere, whats going on is this a new breed of lazy cat or is this normal?

Yes, I was once looking through my kitchen window, and a cat came into my garden, dug a hole and pooed in it , it then covered the hole up and went..

Never seen anything like it before, wish I"d got a video of it, as its perfectly true.

Fed up with them in my garden, found around a dozen birds killed this year by neighbours cats, everyday another calling card is left, how come dog owners have to clean up after their dogs but not cat owners?!

For obvious reasons really.

Seriously, enough is enough. These are not my pets, my gates are shut. Do I have any legal powers, or does the law say cats can do as they please?

Get a solicitor letter sent to the cat, and tell it to stop doing it.

Seriously though, what do you actually want done? The only option is for the keeper to lock it inside their, not really a realistic option.

We worry about cleanliness too much. It's why allergies are ever increasing.

If my kids crapped in a neighbour's garden, there would be hell to pay. People who want cats should keep them on leads.

Cry baby :rolleyes:

We worry about cleanliness too much. It's why allergies are ever increasing.

I'm not sure cat **** is an allergen. More a source of toxic bacteria. And a damn nuisance...

We found a dead baby Rabbit in our garden a while back. I put that down to cats as it wasnt eaten.

Probably a fox

I'm not sure cat **** is an allergen. More a source of toxic bacteria. And a damn nuisance...

I can't find the post I responded to, but it wasn't talking about cat poo. I think the assertion went "houses with cats aren't clean" talking about cats walking on kitchen surfaces and so on, with their dirty feet that have been outside.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/04/100413160901.htm

Hence my comment about us being too obsessed with general cleanliness and the problems that is causing.

Either I imagined that post though, or it's been removed and as I can find no reference to that now.

I can't find the post I responded to, but it wasn't talking about cat poo. I think the assertion went "houses with cats aren't clean" talking about cats walking on kitchen surfaces and so on, with their dirty feet that have been outside.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/04/100413160901.htm

Hence my comment about us being too obsessed with general cleanliness and the problems that is causing.

Either I imagined that post though, or it's been removed and as I can find no reference to that now.

I can confirm you did not imagine it. It's been removed. I assume the moderator had cats!