HS2 - Swinston Hill Dinnington

Hi

Does anyone know if HS2 will affect Swinston Hill? It's an area that we're looking at to potentially move and there seems to be quite a few going up for sale. I just wondered if it was beceause of this.

Thanks in advance.

No,the proposed route crosses the A57 at Aston,behind the fire station, and then heads roughly north east.

I do agree with you there are a lot of houses for sale on Swinston Hill Road at the moment.

Edited by jackanne
addition.

I love close by and have noticed this. I wonder what is causing it.

The route isn't fully confirmed yet, the approved route is out but it's not officially been funded yet so nothing is set in stone.

Personally I think the Leeds line is 50/50 anyway, by the the project will be so massively over-budget they'll be looking to chop that route to save money.

I wouldn't worry, HS2 will never get as far north as Sheffield.

One of the justifications for HS2 instead of upgrading existing lines is that historical examples (HS1, New lines overseas) show New lines built from scratch are far less prone to cost overruns than rail upgrades. I hope that if HS2 doesn't happen, MML electrification gets back on the table, as Jo Johnson proposed in the Times recently.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Personally I really can't see how 10 minutes on a train is going to make the slightest bit of difference to those of us that have to do the London commute, and I'm sure the prices won't come down!

Quote jackanne #2: I do agree with you there are a lot of houses for sale on Swinston Hill Road at the moment.

Elphi 24 - I don't know why there are so many properties for sale on Swinston Hill at the moment but I very much doubt that HS2 has anything to do with it. I know of an estate that is very close to the proposed site of HS2 and properties are selling very quickly indeed - often within two weeks of going on the market. As has been said, there is still considerable doubt about it and I agree with the poster who said it will probably never get as far north as Sheffield.

Sometimes it is pure chance that a few properties come up together all at once. In this case, maybe it is because some of them were occupied by older people who want to downsize, gone into a care facility or perhaps have died. AFAIK the area has always been regarded as a good one but of course things do change. If you are interested in the area, you could always go shopping in Aldi, Tesco etc and get chatting with the locals. Dinnington folk are usually quite friendly.

SH is still regarded in the same way it has always been AFAIK.

My parents live about 500 metres from it and I visit Anston/Dinnington once a week.

The way the estimated cost of HS2 seems to be escalating and knowing that it has a very good chance of exceeding estimates (if the tram-train project is to be taken as an example) would it not be cheaper to rebuild Sheffield and Leeds closer to London :rolleyes:

Elphi 24 - I don't know why there are so many properties for sale on Swinston Hill at the moment but I very much doubt that HS2 has anything to do with it. I know of an estate that is very close to the proposed site of HS2 and properties are selling very quickly indeed - often within two weeks of going on the market. As has been said, there is still considerable doubt about it and I agree with the poster who said it will probably never get as far north as Sheffield.

Sometimes it is pure chance that a few properties come up together all at once. In this case, maybe it is because some of them were occupied by older people who want to downsize, gone into a care facility or perhaps have died. AFAIK the area has always been regarded as a good one but of course things do change. If you are interested in the area, you could always go shopping in Aldi, Tesco etc and get chatting with the locals. Dinnington folk are usually quite friendly.

I might just do that :)