Barnsley vs Sheffield town centre

On 13/02/2020 at 10:35, choogling said:

The city centre is really taking shape now well worth a trip from gloomy Sheffield 

I stand corrected Barnsley is a town not a city.

23 hours ago, metalman said:

Just out of interest, which well known people used to live in Oughtibridge?

And just to keep it more on topic, I prefer Barnsley town centre to Sheffield's any day.

Well known in the area and those who use to work at the mill, most districts have their well known characters  from the past.

And yes I prefer Barnsley  town centre  to Sheffield.

Filmed in the new Barnsley market apparently....

lives up to his name

Missing my beloved Barnsley ,not been for over ten weeks ,if the building work has continued during the shut down there will be some major changes to the skyline .

Still not been back to Barnsley shopping Mrs choogling  doesn't fancy mixing with the crowds just yet ,if anyone has been recently ,is the market open yet?

Barnsley Market open Wednesday to Saturday. Very well social distanced. Paid a visit last Thursday. Very good independent book shop there now too. 

The new Barnsley market is cosmopolitan and has a lovely vibe to it.  I think it's much nicer than Sheffield's indoor market.  That said, even Rotherham market is better than Sheffield's offering.

Barnsley centre really does seem to have a terrible drugs problem though.

Both Rotherham and Barnsley don't come close to Sheffield on other retail.  However, I still find them "easier" as a shopping experience, whereas  in Sheffield, the layout of the centre, makes it necessary to walk a lot further to get around.

I love the Moor Market and like to visit Barnsley Market. Don't know about drugs in Barnsley. All areas have them and 2 weeks ago on a Friday morning saw a bunch of druggies dealing outside the Moor Market just after 9.

51 minutes ago, Cazwaz69 said:

Barnsley Market open Wednesday to Saturday. Very well social distanced. Paid a visit last Thursday. Very good independent book shop there now too. 

On Tuesday Barnsley has a large out door market , a mix of goods on offer inc brick bat and hobbies .

2 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

The new Barnsley market is cosmopolitan and has a lovely vibe to it.  I think it's much nicer than Sheffield's indoor market.  That said, even Rotherham market is better than Sheffield's offering.

Barnsley centre really does seem to have a terrible drugs problem though.

Both Rotherham and Barnsley don't come close to Sheffield on other retail.  However, I still find them "easier" as a shopping experience, whereas  in Sheffield, the layout of the centre, makes it necessary to walk a lot further to get around.

That’s probably the first time those two words have been used in the same sentence.

2 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

That’s probably the first time those two words have been used in the same sentence.

,,😂. Well the investment in their new market has definitely been worth it then!