Freemasons..harmless eccentrics or tools of the Devil?

5 hours ago, Sammax said:

Well you haver implied masons are odd,  defensive, influential, highly secret, damaging, without clear rules for joining, not equal opportunity, think you are  stupid, secretive, or manipulative, revolting and malevolent.

Not a bad group of abusive words for somebody that clearly has never wandered across the road to go to an open day. I suspect that you have more of an agenda as I have been quite open here and pointed you to areas you could read about or visit to get better knowledge than you are displaying with the abusive terms you throw out based on your limited and poor understanding of freemasonry. Your words cannot be justified.

You asked me why I was here. I came to see the outcome of the trial involving Duckenfield online and came across this site as many other people have done. I was curious to see the ignorance displayed by some posters and was passing some information.  That is how these forums work.

That’s all very lovely.

Except for the fact that I’m far from ignorant. Nor am I unacquainted with the nature of the Masonic membership. You really shouldn’t under estimate people that you haven’t yet met.

You, on the other hand, have turned up on here, out of the blue, defending a secret I’ve society. One that really only exists only to further the prospects of its members. One that masquerades as a charitable organisation. I’ve every right to be suspicious of your motives.

Edited by Pettytom

21 hours ago, Pettytom said:

That’s all very lovely.

Except for the fact that I’m far from ignorant. Nor am I unacquainted with the nature of the Masonic membership. You really shouldn’t under estimate people that you haven’t yet met.

You, on the other hand, have turned up on here, out of the blue, defending a secret I’ve society. One that really only exists only to further the prospects of its members. One that masquerades as a charitable organisation. I’ve every right to be suspicious of your motives.

Everyone turns up here out of the blue; I don't need to justify myself.

You clearly haven't met any masons in house nor even taken the opportunity to go to an open day and are happy fall back on preconceptions and the ignorance and prejudice of others that are equally wrong.

Your slur that the organisation masquerades as a charitable organisation just needs you to report it to the Charity Commission or police and you would have the greatest expose ever.  I bet you don't though as always people just smear and are worse than those they seek to tarnish.

You display great reluctance to open your mind or even acknowledge that I did not support Duckenfield.

Absolutely. It is obvious you have not met a freemason. They...we...are just ordinary blokes....fair enough, as in every organisation there are those who might think they are different from their fellow members, social climbers etc, butvfind me an organisation that hasnt got these.

I wonder if there are any Masons on  the Council and planning department , very handy that could be for any Masons who are in big business and are also property  developers or speculators .

It would be a good idea for all those who enjoy being a member of a secret society to go and Iive in North Korea as their moral compass is completely different to the rest of us.

On 03/12/2019 at 09:06, TomMix said:

I wonder if there are any Masons on  the Council and planning department , very handy that could be for any Masons who are in big business and are also property  developers or speculators .

Breaches the rules to do that.

On 04/12/2019 at 09:16, Car Boot said:

It would be a good idea for all those who enjoy being a member of a secret society to go and Iive in North Korea as their moral compass is completely different to the rest of us.

If you actually knew you would realise that the moral compass is strong.

On 03/12/2019 at 23:28, smithy266 said:

Why? It would make no difference whatsoever.

It is amazing how people who know nothing about freemasony think that they know all the answers when in fact they just read and regurgitate others ill-informed nonsense.

On 02/12/2019 at 23:40, Sammax said:

Everyone turns up here out of the blue; I don't need to justify myself.

You clearly haven't met any masons in house nor even taken the opportunity to go to an open day and are happy fall back on preconceptions and the ignorance and prejudice of others that are equally wrong.

Your slur that the organisation masquerades as a charitable organisation just needs you to report it to the Charity Commission or police and you would have the greatest expose ever.  I bet you don't though as always people just smear and are worse than those they seek to tarnish.

You display great reluctance to open your mind or even acknowledge that I did not support Duckenfield.

How many police are masons ?

On 09/02/2018 at 20:07, taxman said:

Or is there a secretive Sheffield Forum Lodge that stops people posting about them?

Closing in 5...4...3...2..1

Just tools, which can be negative or positive depending on how much information you have access to

As we seem to have experts commenting on this thread does anyone know if any of these are intrue?

1. They will commit perjury to protect another Mason.

2. They have a secret handshake

3. They have several secret passwords

4. Their rituals involve a noose

5. Masons exclude atheists

6. Their symbol is on the dollar bill

7. Anders Breivik was a Mason

Here's the link, I've missed out three of the top ten and the 'scandalous' is a bit of journalistic fluff. IMO.

https://listverse.com/2012/11/21/top-10-scandalous-freemason-secrets/