Double Barrel Names

No, 'Sunbeam', you're pointing out your opinion. It's a very silly opinion, and whilst you're of course entitled to have such an opinion, people are equally entitled to point out that it's stupid.

It's not a fact though.

That's your Opinion!:roll:

No, 'Sunbeam', you're pointing out your opinion. It's a very silly opinion, and whilst you're of course entitled to have such an opinion, people are equally entitled to point out that it's stupid.

It's not a fact though.

It's definitely stupid :hihi:

---------- Post added 08-02-2018 at 11:07 ----------

Reminds me of a carpet fitter I know Walter Wall. :hihi:

---------- Post added 08-02-2018 at 10:56 ----------

Oh not you again, Im not on about family circumstances, Im on about idiots, if the cap fits wear it. :loopy:

Ewwwwwww :gag:

---------- Post added 08-02-2018 at 11:08 ----------

That's your Opinion!:roll:

No... That's a fact! :roll:

Im not on about legitimate cases Im on about People who add on a name just to show off. :roll:

What about people who add a name for reasons other than showing off?

What about people who add a name for reasons other than showing off?

Flippin hell! I know about genuine reasons, Im just saying SOME people do it just to show off, SOME PEOPLE, NOT ALL! Ive said this several times, :suspect:

Flippin hell! I know about genuine reasons, Im just saying SOME people do it just to show off, SOME PEOPLE, NOT ALL! Ive said this several times, :suspect:

Yes but your OP would suggest otherwise.

Yes but your OP would suggest otherwise.

Your Correct, I should have worded it differently. ie, some people.

Does it really matter? I know a lot of people and only know their first names, I'll have to ask them if they have a double barrelled surname and then decide if I still want to talk to them :roll:

Does it really matter? I know a lot of people and only know their first names, I'll have to ask them if they have a double barrelled surname and then decide if I still want to talk to them :roll:

There is a good old saying about Sarcasm :loopy:

So, your whole argument is some people like to show off and some people like to show off by getting a double barrelled surname... aaaand, for this reason, you hate them. OK. Was this really worthy of a thread?

People do all kinds of things in order that others perceive them differently (better). They'll do so for all kinds of reasons. Surely that's no reason to hate them?

Hate is a serious thing, and as these people don't know (or care) that you're hating on them, it only serves to make your own life a little more unpleasant, so why bother?

Better to wish them well (come to place of contentment where they feel no need to impress others) and just focus on stuff that's more immediate in your own life.

So, your whole argument is some people like to show off and some people like to show off by getting a double barrelled surname... aaaand, for this reason, you hate them. OK. Was this really worthy of a thread?

I never said I hated them I just like dont em. A worthy thread or not you and others have had their Ten Penneth. After all this a Forum and your not the thread police.:roll:

---------- Post added 08-02-2018 at 12:41 ----------

People do all kinds of things in order that others perceive them differently (better). They'll do so for all kinds of reasons. Surely that's no reason to hate them?

Hate is a serious thing, and as these people don't know (or care) that you're hating on them, it only serves to make your own life a little more unpleasant, so why bother?

Better to wish them well (come to place of contentment where they feel no need to impress others) and just focus on stuff that's more immediate in your own life.

Never said the Word Hate. :suspect:

I never said I hated them I just like dont em. A worthy thread or not you and others have had their Ten Penneth. After all this a Forum and your not the thread police.:roll:

---------- Post added 08-02-2018 at 12:41 ----------

Never said the Word Hate. :suspect:

My apologies, you didn't. You said this...

Calm down, if you read properly, I said some people not all. A lot of Aristocrats have double barrel names and some pretentious gits think its clever to copy to make themselves feel important and make others think that they are important. Its not a ridiculous thread, people like this make me sick. :rant:

... which is far better.