N.H.S. parking tickets.

The car parks are money makers, simple as that. Quite wrong in my opinion. A small charge would be a better idea, 20p for every hour, going down to 10p for every hour after 3 hours. Blue badge holders, free.

Angel1

Why on earth should blue badge holders get free parking?

Is their disability so bad they can’t physically take money out of their wallet or purse ?

Why on earth should blue badge holders get free parking?

Is their disability so bad they can’t physically take money out of their wallet or purse ?

If a blue badge holders parks in the multi storey at the Hallamshire they still have to pay to get their ticket to open the barrier when leaving unless they have some magic way of claiming their money back.

car parking was free at western park last time we went about 18 months ago

Some on street and car parks do I don't know about the hospitals though. If ever I have to go to the NGH and have to pay I always give the ticket away if there is someone looking for a space and a fair amount of time left on the ticket

If there's no-one around I just leave it sticking out of the machine.

I agree that blue badge holders shouldn't be free (but are at NGH).

I am a carer for someone with a blue badge who has thousands in the bank - being disabled doesn't mean a person is worse off financially and, in my experience and certainly in my case, a lot of people on disability benefits have a far higher income than myself who works over 48hrs per week !

In my opinion people should get the blue badge to park nearer facilities if needed but should still have to pay.

I appreciate that SOME disabled have higher expenses for extra expenditure for equipment/heating/clothing etc but a lot don't and at the end of the day they get disability benefit payments to cover these costs.

I don't think the parking charge at NGH is bad - £2.50 for 4 hrs is reasonable but I always pass on my parking ticket if there is time left on it.

If a blue badge holders parks in the multi storey at the Hallamshire they still have to pay to get their ticket to open the barrier when leaving unless they have some magic way of claiming their money back.

Silly me, I thought they all parked outside the main entrance instead

car parking was free at western park last time we went about 18 months ago

If you are a patient you have to pay the first visit and then you apply for a parking permit which is free but you have to put your car registration number on the permit.

I agree that blue badge holders shouldn't be free (but are at NGH).

I am a carer for someone with a blue badge who has thousands in the bank - being disabled doesn't mean a person is worse off financially and, in my experience and certainly in my case, a lot of people on disability benefits have a far higher income than myself who works over 48hrs per week !

In my opinion people should get the blue badge to park nearer facilities if needed but should still have to pay.

I appreciate that SOME disabled have higher expenses for extra expenditure for equipment/heating/clothing etc but a lot don't and at the end of the day they get disability benefit payments to cover these costs.

I don't think the parking charge at NGH is bad - £2.50 for 4 hrs is reasonable but I always pass on my parking ticket if there is time left on it.

How would you know how much the person you care for has in the bank!! :confused:

because I am a support worker to help people with their finances/benefits/budgeting/bills as well as household tasks/health appointments/cooking/cleaning/shopping etc.

Visiting my wife at Musgrove Park Hospital in Taunton, up to 4hrs is £6.90, if you stay over 4hrs the cost is £10.50 for a minimum 24hrs. Disgraceful...

Yes but not many round here. I know the multi-storey next to the waterside in Lincoln does.

on-street parking in Rotherham require you put part of reg in the machine to obtain a ticket.

because I am a support worker to help people with their finances/benefits/budgeting/bills as well as household tasks/health appointments/cooking/cleaning/shopping etc.

Well maybe you need to re think your career, if youre going post such judgemental comments on a public forum. I for one would hate to think any of my loved ones were being "cared" for by someone as judgemental! his many thousands certainly wont have been gained from disability benefits that is for sure! as im sure you are well aware!