People Who Don't Pick Up After Their Dogs

On 13 July 2019 at 01:25, catmiss said:

It’s not just about bagging the poo. Despite having several dog poo bins around my area we have bags left as x marks the spot or even hung on tree branches 

Ah yes, I remember the poo trees well...never understood what "thought processes" led to those.

Position disclaimer: our dog is never off leash (unless in deserted fields/woodlands with long lines of sight), we never let our dog 'go' in gardens or parks of any sort, and we only pick up in urban /inhabited areas.

In my experience, people who don't pick up tend to be the same people who don't leash up, then go "oh he only wants to play"  after vainly trying to recall their investigative mutt (...when they're not legging it out of sight, because said mutt has ran in for a full attack rather than investigated), then go all uppity (and/or shouty) as their precious pet legs it wailing after getting itself chomped :rolleyes:

It's not hard nor intellectually-taxing to be a responsible dog owner. But it does require some effort.

Edited by L00b

2 hours ago, Cyclone said:

Dog poo is of course fully biodegradable unless you've been feeding your dog plastic.

And edible. 

Shocking in Malin Bridge.

Pick it up or get rid of your dog.

Makes me [insert rude word here] angry.

All down Taplin Road - near the bus stop at the end. All around that area.

Annoying.

Edited by ajt22

Never mind the dog muck, it's the cat muck I can't stand. Every time I cut the grass there's a new pile and they only ever do it in the thickest of grass, so that when you do cut it, it ends up in your lawnmower. 

If I'd have wanted a cat I'd have bought one. Cats never seem to do it on their own garden and it's not right especially with children about that they are free to do it wherever. 

That's my Victor Meldrew rant over.

What gets me is, on White lane there is a grassy area all down one side and yet you still have to dodge the dog poo on the pavement. I don`t know about White Lane, they should drop the W and replace it with an S.  And most dogwalkers are on the pavement and you have to walk on the road.  Thats my Meldrew moment over.

Edited by Kidorry
Added text.

On occasions I have walked my dogs on White Lane. I try to keep them on the grass side but the problem is most dogs like smelling wee and they tug like mad to get over to the pavement side where other dogs have scented gates etc. Sometimes my shoulders have ached from keeping them away from that side.

Whenever possible I take them down Ford/Ridgeway now. It's muddier but less intrusive to other members of the public.