Police in Bus Lanes

are the police actually allowed to do this

Just read the thread.

are the police actually allowed to do this

Yes, and they also take people from their homes if they think they have misbehaved and put them into small rooms with locked doors. It's tragic and it must be stopped.

Thats simply not good enough Planner1, I demand you get the original signed documents and hand deliver them to those that don't understand. And do it damned quick :hihi:

I really don't know why folk don't engage their brain and make a reasoned assumption that the ticket enforcers will have these exemptions, instead of jumping to conclusions and criticising at random.

That made me laugh WarPig!! :hihi:

There's not enough light-hearted humour on this forum. :thumbsup:

Read some interesting research on the subject of bus lanes that suggests that bus lanes are generally warranted where, after all economically justified pro-transit policies are implemented, they would attract more than 800 peak-hour passengers (about 20 buses) on surface

I wonder what criteria is used in Sheffield

Read some interesting research on the subject of bus lanes that suggests that bus lanes are generally warranted where, after all economically justified pro-transit policies are implemented, they would attract more than 800 peak-hour passengers (about 20 buses) on surface

Who actually cares?

Do you lay awake at night fretting about the number of bus lanes in Sheffield, and whether parking infringements are occurring on them whilst your not there?

While you are at it Planner1, could you also look at the pedestrian crossings through Woodseats. They are rubbish. ��

They are actually rubbish if you're a pedestrian. Take so long to change that loads of people just dodge through the traffic (as it's usually pretty slow/stationary anyway) without bothering to use them.

*edit*

Sorry, going a bit off-topic :)

Who actually cares?

Do you lay awake at night fretting about the number of bus lanes in Sheffield, and whether parking infringements are occurring on them whilst your not there?

Not you obviously

No I do not lie awake either. I have made no comments about the number of bus lanes nor have I made any comment about parking in bus lanes

others might however wonder why the numbers of buses are so low on some of the bus lanes so even if you have no interest at least try to contribute on a sensible level

Not you obviously

I most certainly don't.

No I do not lie awake either. I have made no comments about the number of bus lanes nor have I made any comment about parking in bus lanes

others might however wonder why the numbers of buses are so low on some of the bus lanes so even if you have no interest at least try to contribute on a sensible level

You do clearly seem to have an issue about how others use our roads. You have even gone as far as making an official complaint to the council about their own parking enforcement staff parking on a clearway whilst issuing tickets to other vehicles parked there, when they are in-fact allowed to do so....

No different from the council who believe that their vehicles can also ignore the traffic laws they themselves have come up with. Complained in the past about parking enforcement van parked on clearway and was informed that this was for ...............wait for it....Health and Saftey

Then you ask about the criteria Sheffield Council use when implementing bus lanes....

I simply can't comprehend why anyone would have the slightest concern over such matters, especially to the degree of complaining to the council about their staff conducting duties that they are so obviously allowed to do.

Edited by WarPig

Why did you try and put words into my mouth and make up concerns that I have never raised and then try and deflect the question to an issue that has no relevance to the subject in hand?

I would have thought that asking about the criteria used to have a bus lane or not was relevant to a conversation about bus lanes

For the record I have no problem with the police in bus lanes indeed I would like to see the emergency services using the lane when it is empty (as long as they are using sirens and blues) so that motorists are not forced to enter the bus lane and risk being fined and getting points to get out of their way. I have no issues with people parking in bus lanes when I am there or not there although I would like them to be ticketed. I have no issue with many of the bus lanes in Sheffield and any planner worth their salt would be receptive to ideas from users about how to improve things and even revisit the criteria.

Why did you try and put words into my mouth and make up concerns that I have never raised and then try and deflect the question to an issue that has no relevance to the subject in hand?

I would have thought that asking about the criteria used to have a bus lane or not was relevant to a conversation about bus lanes

For the record I have no problem with the police in bus lanes indeed I would like to see the emergency services using the lane when it is empty (as long as they are using sirens and blues) so that motorists are not forced to enter the bus lane and risk being fined and getting points to get out of their way. I have no issues with people parking in bus lanes when I am there or not there although I would like them to be ticketed. I have no issue with many of the bus lanes in Sheffield and any planner worth their salt would be receptive to ideas from users about how to improve things and even revisit the criteria.

You don’t get it do you? Police and ambulance do not need to use blues and twos in the bus lane. They can use it even on everyday use such as patrolling.

It is enshrined in statute somewhere.

The only way you will change that is by making a challenge. Good luck! And please don’t let it affect your sleep.