Police in Bus Lanes

its easy for the police to find out whether they are on a call out or not,if not they get fined? I take it

No, they should stick to the rules of the road unless an emergency

Marked police vehicles are allowed by law to use bus lanes in Sheffield irrespective of whether it is an emergency or not so they were doing nowt wrong.

Marked police vehicles are allowed by law to use bus lanes in Sheffield irrespective of whether it is an emergency or not so they were doing nowt wrong.

So one law for the plod ,and another for the rest of us.

And they wonder why no one has any respect for them anymore.

I have respect for them.

Don’t speak for me penistone999, I have respect for them, especially in today’s climate. They’re the only ones running towards trouble when everyone else is running the other way.

---------- Post added 05-02-2018 at 05:19 ----------

Exactly, that is why most of the signs say ‘and permitted vehicles’

At the end of the day, they are not just driving around, they have a job to do, like investigating stuff that doesn’t always warrant them using blue lights and sirens. I would rather them use the bus lanes and get to where they need to go rather than stuck in traffic.

quote fellowed them into McDonalds and ask them.

This does not make any sense.

Perhaps Ham burgular (remember him?) has escaped from Mc Prison and they were there to pick him up.

It depends on the traffc order for each bus lane but generally blues and twos yes

Perk of the job. I don't mind any of the emergency services using bus gate/lanes on non emergencys

What if it had been an ambulance, fire service, blood delivery vehicle? All of whom have exemptions the same as police vehicles. Would you have still posted that complaint on here?

What if it had been an ambulance, fire service, blood delivery vehicle? All of whom have exemptions the same as police vehicles. Would you have still posted that complaint on here?

dont forget taxi's with no passengers?