John birkhill for sheffield award?

speaking to this top man the other day about his day at Buckingham palace

made me think why has he not got the Sheffield award,could we set up a vote on this site?,he opens our festival each year and does so much great work,i think he needs to be recognised by SCC for his fantastic work and I think most other people will agree.

Yeah totally agree maybe a gold star outside the town hall. Let's start a petition to get him a proper medal from the palace.

Totally agree, count me in.

Mr B is a nice man doing a lovely thing but can we have a golden star for all the people who do equally lovely things, or is the green wig necessary to qualify?

I'd like to hear about all the other great people too. Perhaps the city should have some kind of award like the state ones. Mind you, it would turn into a line of politicians gonging each other in this town.

Mind you, it would turn into a line of politicians gonging each other in this town.

I don't like the idea of politicians gonging each other either.

but john deserves a Sheffield star and even more,can anyone make this thread were people can vote maybe a start? hes the best I know who has not received the award.

Is a vote on here how people get allocated golden stars? Or is this a bit like the petition on Facebook to get him a MBE, where it doesn’t appear that anyone has actually gone through the open process of nominating him!

I think the work he does raising money is great, but if we want him to have recognition let’s do it through the proper channels so he actually stands a chance.

I was just trying to say sometimes people vote on here and I just thought it may be nice to have a vote ,then we could point to our councillors and say this is why we want him to receive a star outside the local town hall,he deserves it to say the least,hes our Sheffield peoples champion in my mind and I trust others agree,hes gained nearly a million pounds for mcmillion

Totally agree, count me in.

And me.......

I was just trying to say sometimes people vote on here and I just thought it may be nice to have a vote ,then we could point to our councillors and say this is why we want him to receive a star outside the local town hall,he deserves it to say the least,hes our Sheffield peoples champion in my mind and I trust others agree,hes gained nearly a million pounds for mcmillion

Or maybe he just wants to get on with it quietly and not have people fawn for recognition for him (recognition he may not even want) on his behalf.

Compared to some he deserves a Sir.

The cynic in me thinks that he will get the (long overdue) SCC award just before the local elections :suspect: