Sheffield Peregrine Falcons 2018

I've looked at lots of Peregrine sites this year. Sheffield has to be my favourite, of course, but coming in a very close second is Leamington - what a space they have found protected from most of the weather and lots of space to practice flapping wings - great cameras too so lots of close up shots https://www.warwickdc.gov.uk/news/article/132/webcam_peregrine_falcons_nesting_on_town_hall

Very good webcam at Leamington, and they are protected from the weather.

I have just watched the mother, or could be father pecking at the failed egg. Just wondered why.

Beautiful view of all 3 chicks, on their own for the minute, right now at 11.32...

Blood and guts tea time now. Had a starling earlier, pigeon now.

Has anyone noticed the poor peregrine at Notts.? She's been sitting on the eggs relentlessly, I haven't seen her leave for food and there's no sign of the male recently.

I can't see any information about it.

Sad really that all the other nests/scrapes are doing so well and this poor Notts. one is unlikely to produce chicks at this late stage.

Has anyone noticed the poor peregrine at Notts.? She's been sitting on the eggs relentlessly, I haven't seen her leave for food and there's no sign of the male recently.

I can't see any information about it.

Sad really that all the other nests/scrapes are doing so well and this poor Notts. one is unlikely to produce chicks at this late stage.

Just been wondering the same. She looks so forlorn sitting there. How long will that continue before she abandons the eggs?

It's very sad for the Nottingham Peregrines this year . Both male and female still around but no eggs hatched and one egg has been eaten . There is a very informative Facebook group that follows their progress.

It's very sad for the Nottingham Peregrines this year . Both male and female still around but no eggs hatched and one egg has been eaten . There is a very informative Facebook group that follows their progress.

I don't do Facebook and I can't see any information on the NTU pages or the National Wildlife Trust site. Can you share the information on here please?

Regards,

Duffems

That's so sad :(

Feeding time, a poor starling this time.

Not looked for a few days, just looked and no birds in sight so assume they are in the corner, how many of the eggs have hatched? Looked like there were 3 chicks last time I looked.

A Peregrine occasionally returns to the perch, but alas nothing appears to be happening in the nest box.

Update, there is action in the next box!, the chicks are behind the leading edge of the box.

Edited by Mikes10