Sheffield Peregrine Falcons 2018

Just one in view, has been on the perch exercising it's wings for ages then keeps going back onto the edge of the box.

Two of the younsters back in the box at the moment

There still there, looking all grown up.

Two of the younsters back in the box at the moment

Thanks for the update taxman, I hadn't looked for a couple of weeks now.

Good to see that they're still friendly towards each other!

One there now just perched on the edge of the box.

One in the box now looking very agitated, sifting through all the detritus as though it's lost something.

There is a peregrine sat on the perch at the moment and I’m not sure if it’s one of the chicks, mother or father.

Just wondering if these fledglings are still being fed by their parents. If they are not very good at hunting for food, will their parents just abandon them?

One sat on the edge of the box at the moment viewing its domain.

Just wondering if these fledglings are still being fed by their parents. If they are not very good at hunting for food, will their parents just abandon them?

i still see young birds being fed by their parents. Crows and magpies are particularly conspicuous because of the noise the youngsters make. i know that young peregrines take a year or so before they move out of their parents territory, it would make sense that they're hanging around for food...

I had my first visit to St George’s yesterday and didn’t see anything, apart from the nest box, but I wasn’t there very long, it was late afternoon.

When I was on the tram earlier on in the day, you could see the top of the building from West Street, and I thought I saw one flying around, but I could be wrong.

Edited by hauxwell