Silly bump in Road

Driving back from Meadowhall there is a bump in the road just before the railway bridge at Darnal. It as been there along time now.It can pass as a speed bump.Anymore on unusual bumps on the roads

There's a few. One on the parkway going towards Rotherham in the right hand lane, one on olive grove as you come onto east bank.

There's a few. One on the parkway going towards Rotherham in the right hand lane, one on olive grove as you come onto east bank.

Have you reported it to The council. If they don't know they won't fix. Too many people think someone else will report it when actually nobody has reported it

One outside the Jet station on Owler Lane (re-surfaced), more of a dip then a bump. Reported it 12 months ago.

One outside the Jet station on Owler Lane (re-surfaced), more of a dip then a bump. Reported it 12 months ago.

there's a whole series of these, and they are getting worse. I've also reported them a couple of times, but nothing gets done. Maybe not deep enough to warrant a repair :rolleyes:

One on Prince of Wales rd heading towards Darnell just before the roundabout.

It always catches me out makes my steering wonder,not quite a pot hole more like two bumps in front of each other.

This could well become the longest thread on Sheffield Forum ever. :gag:

I've a bit of road construction knowledge so hope this is useful

On the Parkway a lot of the bumps or ridges were caused by the material used in the original construction back in the day .A material was used that was basically tar mixed with steel slag from the steel production industry ,at the time it was thought it was a productive way to get rid of a waste product ,what people came to realise was that the slag had metal in it ,when metal gets wet as it does underground it rusts ,as it rusts it expands and pushes outwards thus causing the ridges .

Edited by Chap BLADE