Anyone travel up or down the M1 last Saturday morning?

Last Saturday 27th January 2018, I had occasion to take my OH to work. I got on the motorway at something like 8:00am, and noted they were coning off the 4th (hard shoulder) lane, all the way down from J36 to J34. I assumed it was something to do with adding a couple more 'refuge' areas (as I'd read something about it). I remember commenting that it would be a nightmare, come Monday morning.

Later that morning around 11:00am I travelled back (North), and noted they'd also coned off the same lane Northbound. All in the same morning.

However, at around 4:30 that day, I went to fetch my OH from work, and all of them, on both sides were gone...Not a sign of any worker, or cones.

Was this just a screw-up by someone? Or someone getting some overtime in?

Might just have been drain or verge maintenance.

Yea probably just clearing up leaves and picking up used bottles trucker Tizer that are strewn about the place.

Crikey. That's one hell of a lot of work....To cone off 3 junctions

Last Saturday 27th January 2018, I had occasion to take my OH to work. I got on the motorway at something like 8:00am, and noted they were coning off the 4th (hard shoulder) lane, all the way down from J36 to J34. I assumed it was something to do with adding a couple more 'refuge' areas (as I'd read something about it). I remember commenting that it would be a nightmare, come Monday morning.

Later that morning around 11:00am I travelled back (North), and noted they'd also coned off the same lane Northbound. All in the same morning.

However, at around 4:30 that day, I went to fetch my OH from work, and all of them, on both sides were gone...Not a sign of any worker, or cones.

Was this just a screw-up by someone? Or someone getting some overtime in?

They have to store them somewhere :D