Sign in to follow this  

United or Wednesday?

Which football team do you support?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Which football team do you support?

• Sheffield United
    • Sheffield Wednesday
    • Other

we've just signed Kenny lunt from Crewe - GOOD NEWS :D

I like football, but childish arguing like what ive read on the last two pages is what puts me off it - especially the organised mobs, seriously how infantile is that?

I dont actively support either team, but having watched the top of the championship table for the past few years, i'd sway towards united, but only slightly.

I like football, but childish arguing like what ive read on the last two pages is what puts me off it - especially the organised mobs, seriously how infantile is that?

I dont actively support either team, but having watched the top of the championship table for the past few years, i'd sway towards united, but only slightly.

Yeh most people who aren't that bothered about football sway to united. most of em are too bothered singin about wednesday to be watching the match. hah! only kiddin

WEDNESDAY!

More fans

True

More passion,

How's that? What basis do you have for comparison?

Big ground

True. Though it isn't in great shape.

Great manager

Hmmmmm. 'Great' is a word I would use to describe Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger, Fabio Capello or Alf Ramsey. Sturrock has achieved very little and does merit use of the word great.

only thing that let's us is the team, but that can change.

The other thing that lets you down is your crippling debt, that stands at around £26million.

United will be kak in the prem, probably get relegated and end up worse off than us. Blades can say we're bitter and jealous etc but I'm not. I know that in 5 years time Wednesday will be top dog on the pitch and be getting crowds of 30,000+ regularly, united won't even get that in the premiership.

We wont dispute the crowds statistic, we know our fanbase is unlikely to increase much unless we have a sustained period of succes in the Premiership. One thing I have always admired about Wednesday fans is they have stuck by the club even when it was doing really badly, which is more than I can say for Leeds fans.

I sincerely doubt we will end up financially worse off than Wednesday whether we are in the premiership or championship in 2 seasons time. The directors of our clubs couldn't be more polar opposite. Ours is forward thinking, profitable and has invested soundly.

Probably right my friend, I meant worse off in the league not financially, dont think youll ever beat wednesday for that!

I say great because he took us up, kept us up with no funds and he genuinly is a good, calm guy with his head on his shoulders.poles apart from ****** warnock and his silly hissy fits.

I say more passion because my dad is a blade, im an owl. He admits bramall lane (until this season) has been qiet for years and when he goes to wednesday games (As a neutral - he loves watchin football) he always comments on the fans. We'll never agree on that but good post anyway

I say more passion because my dad is a blade, im an owl. He admits bramall (until this season) has been qiet for years and when he goes to wednesday games (As a neutral - he loves watchin football) he always comments on the fans. We'll never agree on that but good post anyway

That's because we've been sh*t on the field for years! Apart from the last four seasons, there's been precious little for us Blades to get excited about.

For years, every time it looked like we'd do well, we would **** it up. You could hear the collective groans of 'here we go again' around Bramall Lane. We still sang like idiots though.....

That's because we've been sh*t on the field for years! Apart from the last four seasons, there's been precious little for us Blades to get excited about.

For years, every time it looked like we'd do well, we would **** it up. You could hear the collective groans of 'here we go again' around Bramall Lane. We still sang like idiots though.....

Yeh...and wednesday have been great the last 4 years??

Wednesday will never be any good as long as Lilly Savage is in charge of the Catering.

are you being serious or having a laugh............?

didnt wednesday get the title for having the highest attendance record for the season also beating about 4 or 5 premiership teams.......

sheff utd fans have only come out of the closet since they have been promoted

yep and wendy is one of the cheapest grounds to get into. could'nt believe it was only 17 quid at the sty last year whilst i pay 25 at bdtbl. i paid 26 at derby, 22 at plymouth 28 at southpton and on and on.

the only thing you sadd'os could win last season was highest crowds. but seeing as you were behind norwich with 2 games to go you made it quid a kid for a game bringing in 31,000 8,000 kids as the attendance for the next match at full price (17 quid lol) was down to 23,000.

yep and wendy is one of the cheapest grounds to get into. could'nt believe it was only 17 quid at the sty last year whilst i pay 25 at bdtbl. i paid 26 at derby, 22 at plymouth 28 at southpton and on and on.

the only thing you sadd'os could win last season was highest crowds. but seeing as you were behind norwich with 2 games to go you made it quid a kid for a game bringing in 31,000 8,000 kids as the attendance for the next match at full price (17 quid lol) was down to 23,000.

If they made it free to get in a blades you'd STILL be moaning mate.

And you'd probly only get 25,000 in! I think we had high attendances due to high HOME crowds, not high away crowds, im suprised u went to 3 away games if if was so expensive!

If they made it free to get in a blades you'd STILL be moaning mate.

And you'd probly only get 25,000 in! I think we had high attendances due to high HOME crowds, not high away crowds, im suprised u went to 3 away games if if was so expensive!

no sunshine you got higher attendances due to cheap tickets and freebies.

read my post properly clever clogs i only named 3 for an example followed by on and on.

as for slaggin support down missed 8 at home in 35 years and seen the blades play on over 120 grounds including 88 out of the present 92.

ask yer dad about the 70's when blades were pulling 35,000 - 40,000

and wendy were getting 10,000.

and ask him to explain the 70's save our owls campaign

swings and roundabouts and now its swingin red and white.

no sunshine you got higher attendances due to cheap tickets and freebies.

read my post properly clever clogs i only named 3 for an example followed by on and on.

as for slaggin support down missed 8 at home in 35 years and seen the blades play on over 120 grounds including 88 out of the present 92.

ask yer dad about the 70's when blades were pulling 35,000 - 40,000

and wendy were getting 10,000.

and ask him to explain the 70's save our owls campaign

swings and roundabouts and now its swingin red and white.

If united were as bad as wednesday were in the 70s, i doubt you'd get 10,000

Anyway, enjoy your season in the prem, and leave elena alone, shes a girl...big man