Little London Road Bridleway

I recognise that there is a thread on 'Potholes' on this site, but something must be done about the crevasses that have opened up, especially on the bit from Woodseats Road to the low railway bridge.

I am not a cyclist, but feel so sorry for those who venture on this road, especially on dark mornings and evenings. How one avoids smashing a wheel is beyond me, as it is I have had cyclists suddenly swerve in front of my car to avoid the latest bombhole. My poor suspension is taking a pounding, with much crashing against bumpstops, even at 20mph.

How has it got into this state? There are more pieces of patched tarmac than ever.

I recognise that there is a thread on 'Potholes' on this site, but something must be done about the crevasses that have opened up, especially on the bit from Woodseats Road to the low railway bridge.

I am not a cyclist, but feel so sorry for those who venture on this road, especially on dark mornings and evenings. How one avoids smashing a wheel is beyond me, as it is I have had cyclists suddenly swerve in front of my car to avoid the latest bombhole. My poor suspension is taking a pounding, with much crashing against bumpstops, even at 20mph.

How has it got into this state? There are more pieces of patched tarmac than ever.

Two words: COUNCIL and AMEY.

Look no further than that shameless debacle really for the state of our roads. I agree though- that road is ridiculous. It's probably only a matter of time before there's an accident and someone sues to be honest.

It would not be so bad if they did the job properly in the first place.... but it is a case of job security.... it will need doing again next year....

It is very poor particularly around the climbing centre/sorting office - some nasty potholes opened up recently and the council have filled them in very badly.

It was due to be done at the same time as surrounding roads like Aukley Road a few months back, but for whatever reason it didn't happen. The council have removed the map on the website showing completion dates for roads, since it only went up to 2017, so who knows when they plan to do it!

It's not the easiest road to navigate at any time but parking does seem to be getting worse recently as well, making it hard to safely get down the road because of the limited visibility ahead in places.

I agree. This road is shocking, especially where mintons is leading upwards.

There are thousands of pot holes on the roads at this time of year every year due to the westher. We can argue that the quality of Amey's resurfacing work is poor and a contributory factor, and I'd probably agree.

Pot holes come in varying sizes and places. Some are more dangerous than others, but if we see them we should report them to the council through this link; https://service.sheffield.gov.uk/selfservice/L05_Portal.html?formname=PFI_RAPV5

In fairness to Amey and the council (that's probably against SF rules) when I've reported a pot hole this way it has been filled in (usually roughly) within 48 hours. They've a lot to attend to at present so the ones they've been clearly told about are likely to get fixed first.

Shouting on here without advising of the specific problem won't get things done.

"In fairness to Amey and the council", waits for avalanche of support.

There are thousands of pot holes on the roads at this time of year every year due to the westher. We can argue that the quality of Amey's resurfacing work is poor and a contributory factor, and I'd probably agree.

Pot holes come in varying sizes and places. Some are more dangerous than others, but if we see them we should report them to the council through this link; https://service.sheffield.gov.uk/selfservice/L05_Portal.html?formname=PFI_RAPV5

In fairness to Amey and the council (that's probably against SF rules) when I've reported a pot hole this way it has been filled in (usually roughly) within 48 hours. They've a lot to attend to at present so the ones they've been clearly told about are likely to get fixed first.

Shouting on here without advising of the specific problem won't get things done.

So it shows a little map when you go to report it, a map which is covered in red blobs from other reports!

Quite a few of these reports are from the 29th though, so perhaps it's other people following your link. Although that would require time travel I think, as you only posted it on the 31st Jan... And there are multiple reports on the 29th.

I reported a pavement that had collapsed in my area. They sent a reply saying they had visited the area and there was no problem at all. So I passed the complaint on to my local MP.

Miraculously, it then got fixed. I couldn't resist asking Amey why they had repaired something they claimed wasn't a problem.

Apparently it was a problem, and I had been 'misinformed' that they had visited the area and there wasn't a problem.