Has anyone lost completely on paypal?

Hi just wondering if anyone has lost completly on paypal, im in australia and think ive just been shafted for almost 10000 dollars ,i bid on a motorhome for 9000 and the seller would only deal through paypal, at the moment ive been on live help line ive sent 9000 via bank transfer to a merchant bank i think is in the uk because of the amount,they also took out of my account almost 900 dollars without permission someone called entro pay, now i cant get in touch with paypal any way there are no phone numbers only the help chat line and you have to be invited, its been ongoing now for 3 weeks ,is it just paypal that is slow to make interest on the money i dont know how to check

Paypal have plenty of contact methods on the site. Have dealt with them over the phone several times due to locked accounts etc. You don't need to be invited to anything.

I can't actually work out what you've done. If you've paid through Paypal that should be it. Paypal take the money from your account/credit card and then send it onto the other person's account.

They can't take money from you, they can reduce your balance to zero, lock future payments and say you owe them money but it will all be in your transaction history.

Entropay is a disposable credit card, so can't see where that comes into anything other than a fraudulent transaction.

Was the motorhome purchased through ebay, and in what country? If so, what was the item number?

Edited by peak4

I'm confused also.

You say you used Paypal, but posted:

ive sent 9000 via bank transfer to a merchant bank i think is in the uk

So was this bank transfer from your bank done out of Paypal?

If I send someone £20, I say "I've Paypaled you £20", I wouldn't use the term "bank transfer" as that's a different method.

If you've sent money via bank transfer it's well and truly gone after 3 weeks and Paypal can't help you.

You've been scammed.

Been to the bank today and they advize to call the fraud squad over the entropay withdrawal i will do that tomorrow , how long do paypal transactions usually take,when i bid to buy on gumtree the seller would not accept payment any other way than paypal, she said do it through live help and they will guide you through it,because it was 9000 they said it would need a merchant bank to do the transaction,well i must have supplied abou a dozen photos of me, my drivers licence me with my drivers licence utility bill etc any way they gave me the bank details to pay the 9000 into,i thought it would be safer to do it via my bank so i went in they did a bank withdrawal from my account and then sent to the bank as i was given details.however ther was a 9 number reference to be put on the deposit slip but the bank could only put a 7 number reference on,i informed paypal so they could inform the merhant bank and now im where im at ,i dont know if my money is floating around in cyber space,the guy from paypal said it was automated an would not recognise the deposit as i said previosly i cannot now get into live help,by the way ive spoken to 4 operators now and thy are all called david ,is it a coincidence

What are the links you're going to for chat? I think you've been scammed personally. Paypal are pretty easy to call. There is no invited Live Chat which is why I would like to see links to what site you're actually going to.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/selfhelp/contact/call

Still not entirely sure what you've done.

Are you in australia cos its not easy at all if theres anyone reading in oz id be grateful for any input how to get back on live chat if i press on the previos links for live chat it says account dissabled

This is the SheffieldForum, for the city Sheffield in the UK. The majority of posters are either in Sheffield or from Sheffield.

If you've transferred money directly from your account to another bank account then paypal aren't involved at all, obviously.

And if you did that without having seen and driven the motorhome then what were you thinking?

It sounds entirely like you've been scammed, the best options you have are to report it to the police and to your bank, see if you can get the money back.

You didn't give these people access to your online banking did you? Because the withdrawal to top up a disposable 'credit' card sounds like an additional theft on top of the original scam.

Who did you give photos of your drivers licence etc to? You're not being very clear.

Been to the bank today and they advize to call the fraud squad over the entropay withdrawal i will do that tomorrow , how long do paypal transactions usually take,when i bid to buy on gumtree the seller would not accept payment any other way than paypal, she said do it through live help and they will guide you through it,because it was 9000 they said it would need a merchant bank to do the transaction,well i must have supplied abou a dozen photos of me, my drivers licence me with my drivers licence utility bill etc any way they gave me the bank details to pay the 9000 into,i thought it would be safer to do it via my bank so i went in they did a bank withdrawal from my account and then sent to the bank as i was given details.however ther was a 9 number reference to be put on the deposit slip but the bank could only put a 7 number reference on,i informed paypal so they could inform the merhant bank and now im where im at ,i dont know if my money is floating around in cyber space,the guy from paypal said it was automated an would not recognise the deposit as i said previosly i cannot now get into live help,by the way ive spoken to 4 operators now and thy are all called david ,is it a coincidence

Who is this 'they' you keep talking about? Provide a link if possible.

From what I can decipher from what you've wrote it sounds like you've given someone all your personal details and IDs they would need to steal your identity and rinse out your bank account.

Edited by barleycorn

In which case it's nowt to do with PayPal, and everything to do with him not being too savvy on scams.

(or he's a fairly elaborate troll)