Mass Litter Pick Saturday the 3rd of March 1pm Firth Park

If anyone does want to raise the profile of the mess of the city, do a litter pick and some other activities linked to that, then The Sheffield Litter Picker Group is arranging an event for Keep Britain Tidy's Big Clean Up. They will meet at Firth Park Clocktower Pavillion, S5 6WS at 1pm on Saturday the 3rd of March. The first 100 helpers will be given a litter picker for keeps which aims to try and get more people picking where they live. They will proceed from there in various directions with the aim of being visible, tidying a decent sized area and getting some press coverage for their efforts.

Edited by philyyy

Bring a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig bag.

If you use Facebook then The Sheffield Litter Picker Group have their own page where they advertise regular clean ups.

The group is a coalition of local individuals and groups who do litter picks throughout the week in different areas. There's a pinned entry giving details such as area, time and contact details of a variety of cleaning "opportunities".

Bring a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig bag.

There will be lots of separate bags rather than a single big one. I don't think anyone who will be going is under any illusions about the task in hand. Feel free to join in.

If anyone does want to raise the profile of the mess of the city, do a litter pick and some other activities linked to that, then The Sheffield Litter Picker Group is arranging an event for Keep Britain Tidy's Big Clean Up. They will meet at Firth Park Clocktower Pavillion, S5 6WS at 1pm on Saturday the 3rd of February. The first 100 helpers will be given a litter picker for keeps which aims to try and get more people picking where they live. They will proceed from there in various directions with the aim of being visible, tidying a decent sized area and getting some press coverage for their efforts.

You've put February whereas title says March.

You've put February whereas title says March.

Thank you. Apologies. Edited.

Can I suggest the edges of the woods that butt up to Earl Marshall Rd and Grimethorpe Road ,an absolute khazi with litter strewn all over and black backs of rubbish dumped on the footpaths

Edited by Chap BLADE

Can I suggest the edges of the woods that butt up to Earl Marshall Rd and Grimethorpe Road ,an absolute khazi with litter strewn all over and black backs of rubbish dumped on the footpaths

I won't be there but might be worth mentioning on their Facebook page "Sheffield Litter Pickers".

Might also be worth joining the FB page and setting up your own litter picking session.

well you're welcome to pitch in and help

All being well I plan to join you. Where are you planning to target in particular?

I am not sure but I am informed that there is a plan.