Doorstep milk deliveries

Bottom of East Bank Road on any milkman's round?

Would appreciate name and contact details... ta.

Been using McQueens for about 18 months, deliver twice a week to Shiregreen.

how much is milk delivery in glass bottles 

On 05/09/2018 at 07:02, gzorbas said:

Contacted Hillsborough Dairy 0114 234 3994 for milk delivery every Monday, Wednesday and Friday and was very pleased to meet our local Milkman Chris.

Very friendly, great to have pasteurised milk once again (not homogenised) and very creamy. Invoice will be fortnightly and BAX payment or cash are both accepted. Excellent !!! (August 2018)

Since this last post I sadly have to say that Hillsborough Dairy, as of this last week (February 2020), have now changed supplier and the milk they deliver is no longer just 'pasteurised' but 'homogenised' too and is RUBBISH!

Dales Dairy now supplies them and the quality is gone! No cream on top of the bottles anymore. This poor quality just does not warrant the 79p/pint when I can find the same quality at ASDA or even Lidl for half the price.

Hillsborough Dairy, in their ridiculous decision to change supplier, has just lost over a dozen customers in our surrounding streets. I feel sorry for our great milkman who has been marvelous over the years. It's also sad that we are now, after many years of feeling good about using glass bottles and doing a tiny bit for the environment, are having to return to the dreaded single use plastic cartons.

24 minutes ago, gzorbas said:

Since this last post I sadly have to say that Hillsborough Dairy, as of this last week (February 2020), have now changed supplier and the milk they deliver is no longer just 'pasteurised' but 'homogenised' too and is RUBBISH!

Dales Dairy now supplies them and the quality is gone! No cream on top of the bottles anymore. This poor quality just does not warrant the 79p/pint when I can find the same quality at ASDA or even Lidl for half the price.

Hillsborough Dairy, in their ridiculous decision to change supplier, has just lost over a dozen customers in our surrounding streets. I feel sorry for our great milkman who has been marvelous over the years. It's also sad that we are now, after many years of feeling good about using glass bottles and doing a tiny bit for the environment, are having to return to the dreaded single use plastic cartons.

Same old story, why do they have to change things if it's working?

As they say 'if it ain't broke don't mend it'.

21 hours ago, gzorbas said:

We have Our Cow Molly milk delivered from hillsborough dairy, for the same price as other bottled milk. You can’t get fresher / better milk than that produced just a few miles away. 

Edited by Blue Day

On 30/01/2018 at 22:05, OurCowMolly said:

We deliver to doorsteps in Stannington & Loxley milkman@ourcowmolly.co.uk

Our milk is now the only milk produced & bottled in Sheffield so if it’s not milk that’s come from our farm it definitely won’t be local milk, I know many milkmen claim the milk they are offering is local but there’s no other milk bottleing plants in Sheffield only ours.

We are more than happy to supply milkmen with Sheffield milk if they want it.

How much is it for a bottle of milk delivered to someone’s doorstep ?

1 hour ago, pattricia said:

How much is it for a bottle of milk delivered to someone’s doorstep ?

I think we pay 71p for OCM milk 

39 minutes ago, Blue Day said:

I think we pay 71p for OCM milk 

Is that for a pint ?