Police clampdown on inconsiderate parking

I think the trouble with my driveway is, you can fit three cars on it side by side but the drop curb is only big enough to accommodate the width of one and a half cars so what they tend to do is park on the drop curb bit thinking i can still get off of my drive..

Wish they would come on our road in Walkley - it would be like Christmas day for them :hihi:

I'm sure you'll be the first to volunteer your house for demolition to make way for a car park.

Couldn't agree more - but then we'll have to deal with the constant whining on here and in Star about the council ripping drivers off/stealth taxes/blah blah blah.

I've never quite got that argument either. People complain about getting speeding fines, saying the same. It's a bit difficult to get one, if you're not actually speeding! There's nothing stealthy about it- just stay within the law, and you'll be fine!

Wish they would come on our road in Walkley - it would be like Christmas day for them :hihi:

The double yellows outside the medical centre, or maybe the clearway outside ASDA. Parking on the pavement by the zigzags outside the bookies.

Fill your boots

I'm sure you'll be the first to volunteer your house for demolition to make way for a car park.

Smart <removed>

No I'd just like my neighbours to park consideratly and not all over the pavement - not hard really

Edited by nikki-red

On my street, in Walkley no less, the considerate thing to so it to park partially on the pavement.

On my street, in Walkley no less, the considerate thing to so it to park partially on the pavement.

Generally the case in a lot of Sheffield I'd think.

The start of ellsemere road junction of tower street, has double yellows both sides and a bus stop with double thick yellow line and stripes on the kerb, they re surfaced recently and re painted the lines, before the lines were dry locals including taxis were parked both sides blocking fragile and bus routes, they even park on the little roundabout. The whole lower burngreave and spital hill area is the same, people think double yellow lines mean no parking except for them.

I would question why nothing is done on a regular basis, I've seen the parking enforcement cars drive through many times and never stop even being held up by said inconsiderate parking. Is this more of the same turning a blind eye to certain communities like we recently had in Rotherham or is this just lazy parking management.

I challenge anyone to drive round that area at any time and not see at least 3 cars parked not just illegally but in a lot of cases dangerously.

Where i work i see several vehicles during the day that park in front of driveways,on the pavements,in front of somebodys garage,on yellows and what i noticed was that they were all carers that were doing it.Do carers have the right to do this,they do it all the time on my mum and dads road.

The start of ellsemere road junction of tower street, has double yellows both sides and a bus stop with double thick yellow line and stripes on the kerb, they re surfaced recently and re painted the lines, before the lines were dry locals including taxis were parked both sides blocking fragile and bus routes, they even park on the little roundabout. The whole lower burngreave and spital hill area is the same, people think double yellow lines mean no parking except for them.

I would question why nothing is done on a regular basis, I've seen the parking enforcement cars drive through many times and never stop even being held up by said inconsiderate parking. Is this more of the same turning a blind eye to certain communities like we recently had in Rotherham or is this just lazy parking management.

I challenge anyone to drive round that area at any time and not see at least 3 cars parked not just illegally but in a lot of cases dangerously.

No blind eyes are turned. If you don't believe that write in and ask them how many penalties are issued at these locations.

The problem in a lot of these places is that when the enforcement officers arrive, the drivers come running out and move the vehicles. On most yellow lines the enforcement officers have to carry out a 10 minute observation period to check for loading activity, so, often no ticket is issued. The drivers return as soon as the enforcement officers have gone away.

There are far fewer enforcement officers than many people think. There are less than 40 of them covering 3 shifts, 7 days a week, so there are not that many on duty at any one time. They have to cover the whole city, so main routes, city centre and permit zones are normally the priorities.

Where i work i see several vehicles during the day that park in front of driveways,on the pavements,in front of somebodys garage,on yellows and what i noticed was that they were all carers that were doing it.Do carers have the right to do this,they do it all the time on my mum and dads road.

You can't tell from observation who is blocking a drive or garage. I often park blocking my own, because it leaves more space for other people to park.

I'm also happy for guests visiting me to block the drive and garage, it's not like I'm going somewhere whilst they're here.