Sign in to follow this  

Scary Photo!

Was out in graves park in the dark taking photos, like you do. And I took this photo: http://www.toms-ramblings.co.uk/ghosts.jpg

RPG edit: larger version here- http://members.lycos.co.uk/arepeejee/ghostpic2.jpg

There was nothing infront of the camera at the time, and it was quite a warm night.

What do you think? RPG was stood next to me at the time and he says its breath. But I couldnt reproduce it. I like to keep an open mind so im not so sure.

It could well be breath, but it appreas as if the 'smoke' is coming in from 2 directions, bottom left and right :confused:

-Paul-

Originally posted by Pauls-Stuff

It could well be breath, but it appreas as if the 'smoke' is coming in from 2 directions, bottom left and right :confused:

-Paul-

Yes, another strange feature, and RPG was too far away for it to be his. I tried reproducing breath shots in my garden (on a cold night), and had to litrally breath an inch from the lens to get even the smallest mark. This is why the original photo looks so strange, I wasnt breathing heavily, and the amount of mist is so large. Plus it wasnt even cold!

I wasnt that far away :P

I was looking over your shoulder at the view finder :lol:

its probably breath (condensed water vapour mist)

I'm guessing you are using a digital camera with a small flash unit mounted less than an inch away from the lens (in front elevation if you see what i mean).

but there is a lot of it, so yeah it seems a bit odd.

but I doubt you could reproduce the exact atmospheric conditions as you experienced that night, so reproducing the effect might be futile at any rate.

---

It looks like a hair ball :?:lol:

A stray bit of cotton wool blowing past? :confused:

Originally posted by uncleheed

Also looks like an orb in the centre of the picture also

This was brought up in an old thread. I get multiple 'orbs' on my digital camera from time to time - they are tiny parts of dust stuck to the lens. :)

My guess is the stuff that looks like mist is ermmm mist! Water vapour coming from warm earth hits colder air and voila mist - the flash from the camera hits it and is scattered by the water droplets making it more visable and eerie...

so if that mist / smoke / ? was noit in the frame what was the picture of as it appears to be of nothing to start with but some grass at night???

Originally posted by neeeeeeeeeek

so if that mist / smoke / ? was noit in the frame what was the picture of as it appears to be of nothing to start with but some grass at night???

Yes, the picture was of some shurbland over a fence in the dark. I wanted to pick something wird up out of the blackness, and well, i did!

If you used your flash then the light often bounces and literally flashes outwardly if there's nothing to bounce off (did that make sense?) In a nutshell, you'll get light bouncing off nothing and creating a glare, the orb could be the light reflecting off something in the distance and bouncing back to the lens.

Why take pictures of an empty field anyway?