Peacock - Stannington

Wanted to go somewhere different for a meal tonight so went to Peacock, walked in to the seating area and there was a table which had been vacated with most of the meals left, table behind with about 6 people had also left food, this was very off putting so walked out. Has anybody had a meal here and what was it like

Been there at lunch times always found the food to be good.

......The Crown and Glove is more expensive but far superior food to the Peacock!

Wanted to go somewhere different for a meal tonight so went to Peacock, walked in to the seating area and there was a table which had been vacated with most of the meals left, table behind with about 6 people had also left food, this was very off putting so walked out. Has anybody had a meal here and what was it like

Always found their two for £5 or £6 as it now very good value - only occasionally a poor meal, but once booked for a birthday lunch where some ate from the main menu and it was poor size portions and quite costly in comparison.

it is awful would not feed my dog there ignorant staff cold food flat beer

Always found their two for £5 or £6 as it now very good value - only occasionally a poor meal, but once booked for a birthday lunch where some ate from the main menu and it was poor size portions and quite costly in comparison.

2 for a fiver says it all.:gag:

Have not been to peacock for around five years. before this we used to be regular eaters there. last time we went we got stuck at a cramped table between the door and the toilets. my wife's lasagne was undercooked then came back barely edible. I cannot remember what I had but I did not enjoy it. the galling thing was our seating, there were lots of better tables reserved that were still unoccupied an hour and half later when we left. a few years ago you did not reserve tables and the place was packed and the food excellent. not sure what has gone wrong here.

we went to crown and cushion yesterday, everyone enjoyed their food which was well presented and huge. I felt £18.95 for a mixed grill was too much, particularly as I take a good part home for the dog, so I opted for a prawn cocktail and the gammon. not sure about the cocktail arriving in a storage jar with a lid but it was very good, another piece a butter for the tasty bread rolls would not have gone amiss. the gammon was fine but the leaf garnishing was all one leaf type with a dressing I did not like. the chips were dry and overcooked as if they were last night's leftovers reheated. the pineapple was battered and deep fried which I removed to find a disappointingly thin sliver of a pineapple ring. I avoid caribbean restaurants because I don't like deep fried fruit. still, a popular place but needs a much bigger car park.

Edited by muckymurphy
correction

We have been using the Peacock regularly for the passed year for meals but have recently found that although the quality of food is still ok the service has gone down hill considerably. This said we have started going to Minnies in Stannington and The Wisewood at Loxley (Wisewood food is delicious)

The Rivelin does lovely food, and it's cheap and the beer is good.. go there x

The Nags Head on Loxley Rd has great food and beer (Bradfield Brewery) and is also excellent value. The only issue is it gets packed as it's that popular.

Thanks we will give Wisewood a try

Yes, the Nags Head and Wisewood are probably the best 2 pubs in the S6 area for food, although I don't rate the Sunday Lunch at the Wisewood (awful roast potatoes, far too large)

but their fish and chips, steaks, burgers etc are excellent.