Sheffield Locksmiths? Smart Locks?

On 28/01/2018 at 06:25, Jon26 said:

One day a couple of weeks ago I got two envelopes from Sheffield or Sheff Locksmiths, both had the same leaflet but it had been designed to look like it might be from the police. Not sure if it was a mistake to have 2 separate people delivering on the same day or they really are that desperate for business.

I've always used Harrolds.

There was a burglary up our road and we had a letter to let us know that thieves were operating in the area. As someone has mentioned Ultion keys and locks is smart enough even though I am a bit of a techy. I would love a smart home but I need to make sure its secure as it's not just me.

Been to Harrolds today - good service and even better prices! Very knowledgeable staff - never knew locks and keys could be so complicated!

Locks and keys are very far from 'Complicated'.  With due respect. Locks and keys belong in a by gone age.

2 hours ago, FinBak said:

Locks and keys are very far from 'Complicated'.  With due respect. Locks and keys belong in a by gone age.

Presumably why they're used on 99.9% of property and are effective 99.9% of the time.

On 21/05/2019 at 22:21, Longcol said:

Presumably why they're used on 99.9% of property and are effective 99.9% of the time.

Past tense. Forget i mentioned it.

#2. Hi Crissie.

I remember Harrolds locksmiths shop in the early 70s. The shop was on Division Street. It was on the right-hand side going down in the direction of the Town Hall, in the days when the number 60 bus ran from Fulwood, up and down Devonshire Street and Division Street, on its way to its terminus opposite the Midland railway station. Those backloader buses were great fun in those days when you could jump off at a street corner or at traffic lights.

Harrolds shop was roughly situated at Carver Street junction with Division Street, or perhaps a little lower down. I was in Harrolds shop quite often as I was often sent there for extra keys for Parkes locks which we sold at my work place, Neville Watts, Ironmongers, at the top end of Fitzwilliam Street. The Shop was set atween The Raven pub(Tennants/Whitbread), and Shepherd Opticians.

I think Harrolds had another shop in town...maybe Snig Hill?

I always thought a locksmith was another name for a barber...ugh.

8 hours ago, zakes said:

#2. Hi Crissie.

I remember Harrolds locksmiths shop in the early 70s. The shop was on Division Street. It was on the right-hand side going down in the direction of the Town Hall, in the days when the number 60 bus ran from Fulwood, up and down Devonshire Street and Division Street, on its way to its terminus opposite the Midland railway station. Those backloader buses were great fun in those days when you could jump off at a street corner or at traffic lights.

Harrolds shop was roughly situated at Carver Street junction with Division Street, or perhaps a little lower down. I was in Harrolds shop quite often as I was often sent there for extra keys for Parkes locks which we sold at my work place, Neville Watts, Ironmongers, at the top end of Fitzwilliam Street. The Shop was set atween The Raven pub(Tennants/Whitbread), and Shepherd Opticians.

I think Harrolds had another shop in town...maybe Snig Hill?

I always thought a locksmith was another name for a barber...ugh.

They've been located at Shalesmoor (afaik) since I moved to Sheffield, and that's 35 years ago give or take. Maybe that's the 'other shop' you're thinking of.

It's certainly the first place I thought of when I needed replica keys cutting for the anti-bump/drill/pick/snap style pitted keys when I had my locks replaced.