Sheffield Locksmiths? Smart Locks?

Does anyone know of Sheffield Locksmiths who are experienced at selling and installing smart locks?

Anyone use them? What do you think?

I don't know what Smart Locks are, sorry. Harrold's on Shalesmoor is a good locksmith company, I'd try there first.

Thanks, Chrissie! I'll give them a call.

Smart locks are locks that can work normally, but they can also be controlled by your smartphone. You can do things like let a repairman in even if you're stuck at work.

Best wishes,

Dozer

Cheers Dozer, sounds like an interesting idea - I guess you could let delivery people into a porch / conservatory but not through into the rest of the house. I'll stick with my old-fashioned manually-operated Ultion locks though.

There's a new place just opened up on Mansfield road. He seems to know his stuff.

Smart lock = smart theif. I beleif in a good old bolt and door lock because these days theivs hack the latest BMW's and the smart lock is hackable to let anyone have control of your door

Smart lock = smart theif. I beleif in a good old bolt and door lock because these days theivs hack the latest BMW's and the smart lock is hackable to let anyone have control of your door

I sort of agree, but my cars have had remote locking for decades and never been hacked - they're not BMWs though, nor anything else so attention grabbing.

The same's true for home security - don't make yourself an obvious target, the opportunists will take the easy route every time.

If you have a smart lock to allow deliveries into a porch with an inner locked door, you still have another layer of security. Personally, like you I'll stick to traditional locks, but I'm sure the companies making smart locks have taken reasonable steps to secure them.

I'm all for smart home stuff...have 2 Google Home speakers and a full array of Philips Hue lights and sensors, but for the moment I don't think I'd go with smart locks.

Like people have said, the possibility of hacking, however slight it may be, is there...though the same could be said for someone picking a traditional lock I guess.

Does anyone know of Sheffield Locksmiths who are experienced at selling and installing smart locks?

Anyone use them? What do you think?

Seen these at pc world .look like a decent thing

One day a couple of weeks ago I got two envelopes from Sheffield or Sheff Locksmiths, both had the same leaflet but it had been designed to look like it might be from the police. Not sure if it was a mistake to have 2 separate people delivering on the same day or they really are that desperate for business.

I've always used Harrolds.

I'm a bit worried about hacking as well -- plan to follow the lead of the insurance companies. If they think the locks are insurable just like traditional deadbolts that'll be good enough for me.

Haven't had a chance to look yet for the specific locks I'm interested in. When I went to smarthome conference last year, some were OK'd and some weren't.

Theirs a few story's online, and a video went "viral" on Facebook. A couple of theifs one with a laptop another with a device im not sure Of that picks up the keys signal sent to laptop and the laptop used to unlock the car. Here's a quick Google search result for hacked smart locks.

https://www.cnet.com/news/have-a-smart-lock-yeah-it-can-probably-be-hacked/