South Yorkshire fire and rescue

Do South Yorkshire Fire and rescue record the properties where vunrable disabled live in case of fire etc?

---------- Post added 27-01-2018 at 09:59 ----------

Do South Yorkshire Fire and rescue record the properties where vunrable disabled live in case of fire etc?

If so who and how do you contact the right number?

Not as far as I'm aware. Seen something similar asked before and I'm sure they confirmed they dont

The fire prevention section fit smoke alarms free for disabled and elderly people. Not sure about carbon monoxide detectors. Special equipment for people with hearing loss is provided. In view of this they will therefore have information on their computer about the homes of vulnerable people. You need to contact the fire station nearest to your home if you want them to visit and fit an alarm.

Talking about carbon monoxide detectors - Where do you site them? I asked a fireman who was with his mates doing a drive round and he didn't know, as carbon monoxide ( I believe ) is heavier than air do you site them low down, half way up, or on the ceiling, the answer was - I'll get back to you on that, still waiting.

---------- Post added 27-01-2018 at 12:40 ----------

as to the question, the council do, so do the gas and electricky company, but know idea about fire and rescue.

I bought one the other week it tells you in the instructions where to site them and where not to.

Carbon monoxide is lighter than air.....the detector should be fitted high up.

A gas detector should be low down.

Quote Itrytoplease:

as to the question, the council do, so do the gas and electricky company, but know idea about fire and rescue.

Energy companies have a list of their vulnerable customers. This is so they can be given priority in the case of power cuts. People who are disabled and/or elderly should discuss this with their supplier if they feel that they need to be added to this list. They will be asked about their illness and needs but that is all. Those who rely on electrical equipment in particular are added to the priority list.

I’ve heard they have a record of known hoarders due to the additional dangers posed when entering such a property so I can’t see any harm in asking them.

Natural gas and CO are both lighter than air, Gas more so, CO alarms should be fitted and sited according to manufacturers instructions, but as a general rule, should be fitted in every room with a fuel burning appliance, 1-2m away and preferably above the window level.

To the op, there is a scheme called the Priority Services Register, which bodies like the Emergency services, utility services, certain charities have visibility of, may be worth speaking to your/ their energy supplier and ask to be placed on the register.

Hope this helps.

Natural gas and CO are both lighter than air, Gas more so, CO alarms should be fitted and sited according to manufacturers instructions, but as a general rule, should be fitted in every room with a fuel burning appliance, 1-2m away and preferably above the window level.

To the op, there is a scheme called the Priority Services Register, which bodies like the Emergency services, utility services, certain charities have visibility of, may be worth speaking to your/ their energy supplier and ask to be placed on the register.

Hope this helps.

CO is neutral compared to air, but will tend to rise as it is being produced at a warm temperature.

I bought one the other week it tells you in the instructions where to site them and where not to.

that's enlightening