Have you ever eaten prawns and seafood from Scotland ?

Have you ever eaten fresh or frozen prawns etc where the label says 'Fished in Scotland' ? Then chances are they will have come from the crystal waters of Loch Fyne.

I lived in the village from where this fleet of fishing boats comes from and it was with great sadness that I heard that on the 18th January a boat called the 'Nancy Glen' (TT100) capsized. One man was rescued, but two , it's thought, remained trapped on the boat.

Of course it is a tight knit village , and though being Sheffielders, we were made very welcome there , everybody knows everybody and it was so sad for us as we know one of the men and the families involved.

I just wanted to say how it's easy to forget what a hard job fishing is, out in dangerous conditions in all weathers, BUT...what I wanted to say that is out of this tragedy has come something mighty and good. The little community has come together and started a massive fundraising campaign, everyone is involved and everyone is desperate to help to raise funds to allow the boat to be brought to the surface so that the families can have closure and the children are able to start the grieving process.

So, next time you eat some lovely seafood, please spare a thought for these men, and if you want something to uplift you today, go read some of the stories of support. If you could donate even something small that would be great, but if not, just keep them in your thoughts.

I'm not sure I can leave a link here, if the mods will let me, but just in case they remove the link, you can find it by typing in 'Crowd funding for the Nancy Glen families' and google will find it.

Apologies for blethering on, but it's very affecting when you know the people involved.

Thanks for reading.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/nancyglencampaign

---------- Post added 27-01-2018 at 11:21 ----------

Forgot to say..Here is the story of above.

On the 18th of January 2018 the Nancy Glen fishing boat of Tarbert was tragically taken by the West Coast of Scotland waters it fished. One fisherman survived, sadly the two other crew Duncan MacDougall and Przemek Krawczyk have not been found although it's thought they were on the vessel which now lies on the seabed.

The families wish to retrieve their loved ones as soon as possible,which will take great resource. In addition the fishermen have left wives and young children behind. The Clyde Fishermen want to help do all they can to assist these families at this time and in the future. We ask for support in this task. Please give generously so that these families may lay their men to rest and that their children are supported through the tough times ahead.

What a lovey post, but sad of course. You are right we do forget what a hard job fishing is.

I agree with you that this boat needs to be brought to the surface to give the families closure.

I’m sure the mods won’t remove the link.

Thank you hauxwell for your kind words, I just wanted to raise a bit of awareness. I'm not sure if this ;post will get lost among the many others I just thought it deserved a chance, so Thank you.