Sheffield Drummer Pete?

Some years ago, (early 70s) I worked on the gas conversion project during which time one of the fitters, whose first name I remember being Pete were on the same crew wagon for a while. I remember him turning up one day and him saying it was his last day because he was off to London to make his name with a band. Next time I saw him was on Top Of The Pops being one of 2 drummers with the GlitterBand, well Im almost sure it was him . Anyone know him?

Some years ago, (early 70s) I worked on the gas conversion project during which time one of the fitters, whose first name I remember being Pete were on the same crew wagon for a while. I remember him turning up one day and him saying it was his last day because he was off to London to make his name with a band. Next time I saw him was on Top Of The Pops being one of 2 drummers with the GlitterBand, well Im almost sure it was him . Anyone know him?

Sheffield legend Pete Gill later with motorhead had to stop drumming due to R.S.I to the wrists

Yes i remember pete , i too was an apprentice gas fitter andwe were in the same class at tech he was always drumming on the desk and remember him with gary glitter there were another couple of lads in bands in the same class but cant remember there names

---------- Post added 25-01-2018 at 04:45 ----------

Just came to me one of the others wasphil brodie played with bitter suite if i remember right the other one didnt do much .

Pete Gill. Deserves to be better known, he stuck at it through all the highs and lows.

Thanks for your replies, done a bit more research now I have his surname, even found a short video of him doing drum coaching

I worked with Pete on the gas conversion, he lived on Kent Rd at Heeley. You never picked up a piece of copper pipe up without a dent in it when Pete was around.

Hi Alan 58, can you remember your crew wagon number? I started on No. 3 but can't remember which one I finished on, supervisors I remember were Ken Walton, Graham Hacks, Danny Riorden and Dixie Dean.

I was on 15 Sid Bell was my foreman and Mac (S5) was my supervisor.