Run the Sheffield Half Marathon for Bluebell Wood

It's time to get back into training for the The Asda Foundation Sheffield Half Marathon.

For just £28 - that's a saving of £7 on a regular place! - you can be running in Bluebell Wood Children's Hospice's famous purple vest on the 8th April.

To book your place on the start line, email gail.parkin@bluebellwood.org now.

Edited by erjl1992

No official thread yet? How's training going? Anybody got their number?

Hi, no there doesn't seem to be. I work for Bluebell Wood so I have a bit of an agenda with this thread! I'm running it as well but haven't received a number yet.

Hi

Good idea having a charity name in the thread.

Been training well had a really tough run up Limb Valley in the snow on Sunday which strangely seemed to help as my run today felt much easier.

Am guessing turn out will be down as the weather has hampered many peoples training in the key weeks before.

Good luck all.

Hi,

Sounds like the training is going better than mine, I've been round Derwent Reservoir a few times and that's about it. Need to do a bit in the hills.

Wouldn't be surprised if there was a lower turn out or at least longer times all round.

My number arrived today.

Gets quieter every year this thread lol.

Going to try and do 2 more sessions about 10 miles each, then rest till Saturday when I will do a short easy run.

Looking for sub 1.50 again.

Who else is doing it this year and hows the training.There were a few of us in the past all looking for around 1.50?

I also hope for 1:50 or less. My regular long run is now 30 km, hoping to finish Blackpool marathon on April 22th in reasonable time. I can do 30 km in exactly 3 h, but then comes the hardest part.

Edited by Guest

I also hope for 1:50 or less. My regular long run is now 30 km, hoping to finish Blackpool marathon on April 22th in reasonable time. I can do 30 km in exactly 3 h, but then comes the hardest part.

Nice one I guess this one comes at an ideal time to slot in before your marathon.

I`m in again. This year I`m running with my wife who`s training for Edinburgh marathon (she was on Radio Sheffield this morning talking about it!). Hopefully we`ll be around 2 hours. Got my number yesterday. We did a 15 mile run on Monsal trail 10 days ago so should be ok. "It`s only a hill!"

It’s my 2nd year. Nerves are kicking in as this year I know how steep them hills are lol

Number 12 for me.

Near perfect weather for running forecast.

Good luck all