Government to form anti fake news unit

There's an interesting development in the Fake News debate today. Every channel is reporting from the terrorism trial that Tommy Robinson sent direct messages to Darren Osbourne, the Finsbury Park terrorist.

Robinson completely denies it. It should be very easy to prove he did... We'll see who's telling porkies...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/finsbury-park-attack-trial-live-darren-osborne-court-muslims-mosque-van-latest-news-updates-a8173496.html

will we actually see them tho? or people tell us they exist or dont exist?

There's an interesting development in the Fake News debate today. Every channel is reporting from the terrorism trial that Tommy Robinson sent direct messages to Darren Osbourne, the Finsbury Park terrorist.

Robinson completely denies it. It should be very easy to prove he did... We'll see who's telling porkies...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/finsbury-park-attack-trial-live-darren-osborne-court-muslims-mosque-van-latest-news-updates-a8173496.html

On the BBC's 6pm news, they said the accused had contacted various right wing parties & that Tommy Robinson had told.the accused to join their party & donate funds to it.

By the the short 8pm bulletin,.the newsreader had change this to "Taken instructions from' right wing organisations. Now if you'd only heard the 8pm bulletin, what would you suddenly think & possibly report to others?

will we actually see them tho? or people tell us they exist or dont exist?

Time will tell.

On the BBC's 6pm news, they said the accused had contacted various right wing parties & that Tommy Robinson had told.the accused to join their party & donate funds to it.

By the the short 8pm bulletin,.the newsreader had change this to "Taken instructions from' right wing organisations. Now if you'd only heard the 8pm bulletin, what would you suddenly think & possibly report to others?

Tommy Robinson is stating he categorically has had no contact with the person. I can't guess why the prosecution would state this unless they had proof. Puzzling.

I agree. We might look at China with their censorship of the web but we are headed down the same path.

True. The one difference though is in this country some people are heading down this path willingly. There seems to be an arrogance that our Government wouldnt do bad things like other governments do.

It turns out that the accused subscribed to Tommy Robinsons show on Rebel TV. Two automated messages were sent, as they were to everybody. Tommy Robinson is claiming the idiot QC has put his life in danger.... might be another court case...

So today the QC representing the Crown has provided a huge example of FAKE NEWS...

It turns out that the accused subscribed to Tommy Robinsons show on Rebel TV. Two automated messages were sent, as they were to everybody. Tommy Robinson is claiming the idiot QC has put his life in danger.... might be another court case...

So today the QC representing the Crown has provided a huge example of FAKE NEWS...

So, Tommy Robinson did message him then?

Is that what you are saying?

So, Tommy Robinson did message him then?

Is that what you are saying?

No. Its like me saying Bruce Springsteen sent me an email when I got one informing me of his tour dates.

I'm not sure if you are new to this sort of things, but once subscribes automated emails are sent.

For instance I am subscribed to the BetFred online bookies. I often get emails from them. Using your logic Fred himself is offering me free bets or enhanced odds...

Time will tell.

Tommy Robinson is stating he categorically has had no contact with the person. I can't guess why the prosecution would state this unless they had proof. Puzzling.

No. Its like me saying Bruce Springsteen sent me an email when I got one informing me of his tour dates.

I'm not sure if you are new to this sort of things, but once subscribes automated emails are sent.

For instance I am subscribed to the BetFred online bookies. I often get emails from them. Using your logic Fred himself is offering me free bets or enhanced odds...

you know an awful lot of what was said and what went on between robinson and the offender? Oo

How do you know its fake? just because tommy robinson said? is it doing the rounds on nazi social media? or something "official"?

Is Tommy Robinson a company? Or a band?

Or a self publicising individual with a Twitter following of idiots?

Your analogy is rubbish.

Is Tommy Robinson a company? Or a band?

Or a self publicising individual with a Twitter following of idiots?

Your analogy is rubbish.

Never thought I'd see the day I'd give Tommy Robinson the benefit of the doubt, but if he's got an autoresponder set up it's sod all to do with him if there's no incitement in the auto email. It's a trivial fact to check in a court process so I'm inclined to believe him.

so I'm inclined to believe him.

its amazing what some people will believe WITHOUT any proof :suspect:

Never thought I'd see the day I'd give Tommy Robinson the benefit of the doubt, but if he's got an autoresponder set up it's sod all to do with him if there's no incitement in the auto email. It's a trivial fact to check in a court process so I'm inclined to believe him.

Seems to be the case, RSVP at the bottom of his sites page, and the words used.