Government to form anti fake news unit

Government to tackle fake news = Government to stifle any opinion they dont like.

Essentially what we have here is the first step of government censorship of views they dont share.

---------- Post added 23-01-2018 at 21:08 ----------

start with the tabloid press then :)

Wow. You said something I agree with.

I need a shower, I feel dirty.

Great they can start by looking at CNN and the Guardian...

hahahaha and heres where people pick and choose which they dont like, rather than whats fake :roll:

It should be called the BBC. The problem with the BBC is that in their constant effort to be non-partisan they actually achieve a political equilibrium that is unsustainable.

hahahaha and heres where people pick and choose which they dont like, rather than whats fake :roll:

It is RT will be named soon...

It should be called the BBC. The problem with the BBC is that in their constant effort to be non-partisan they actually achieve a political equilibrium that is unsustainable.

I think they are as an organisation. The problem is now with social media journalists are showing their preferences..

Newsnight had James O'Brien until he was removed because he couldn't be unbiased.

Andrew Neil is a Tory, obviously seen if you follow him on Twitter.

The problem with this is when they are conducting an interview with someone they don't agree with privately its difficult to see the interview as unbiased...

Social Media is ruining careers I don't know why celebrities or people in the public eye use it for political views. Lilly Allen and Gary Lineker have gone from hero to zero, hated by half the country.

Lilly Allen and Gary Lineker have gone from hero to zero, hated by half the country.

Yeah, the stupid half

Yeah, the stupid half

That is a matter of opinion. They are stupid for posting political views. Its damaging careers.

Even the great Bruce Springsteen is suffering because he cancelled a gig in a town where trans-gender men weren't allowed in women's toilets.

Then there's Russell Brand. He's loathed. Rightly or wrongly. Its not good business. Their agents must cry themselves to sleep at night...

Even the great Bruce Springsteen is suffering because he cancelled a gig in a town where trans-gender men weren't allowed in women's toilets.

Indeed, I’m sure the great Mr Springsteen is right this minute wondering how he’ll pay his council tax this month without maxing out his credit card :help:

Indeed, I’m sure Mr Springsteen is right this minute wondering how he’ll pay his council tax this month without maxing out his credit card.

He'll do okay whatever.

Do you think its right to be honest with your views and post your political views or to keep them to yourself? Surely career is more important, until you get to The Boss's status.

They have been looking at ways to scupper free speech on the internet ever since they discovered what a dangerous giant cuckoo they had in their nest.

For the first time, ordinary people have access to a range of views and opinions from round the world, can check and cross reference information they are given to test its validity, and can now spot government <removed>. Quite a few embarrassing revelations have come to light and 'conspiracy theories' been found to be true. No wonder they want to muzzle it. They're not going to say that though are they? So they'll use any excuse.

As Dimple says, the first thing to be censored will be views they don't share. All the better to brainwash us with their own propoganda.