Government to form anti fake news unit

The Darren Osbourne trial may be in trouble. There's been all sorts of Fake News going on today with Sky. Tommy Robinson alleges that he was being set up in an interview to make him look responsible for the attack. Unfortunately, the journalist, not sure of his name but I do feel sorry for him, didn't realise that TR was live streaming the interview.

You might feel sorry for the journo but I don't. If you play dirty and get found out, hard lines.

You might feel sorry for the journo but I don't. If you play dirty and get found out, hard lines.

I know what you mean. I have watched him for a while, he's relatively new... But correct if you play with fire....

There has always been fake news since there has been news.

"History would be a wonderful thing, if it were only true" as Tolstoy said.

The difference today, thank God, is that rebuttals or contradictory evidence can be made public in a few seconds.....and long may it continue.

I'm not a child, I don't need anyone telling me what I can or cannot read. I'm quite capable of doing my own research and making up my own mind.

Edited by *Belle*

It seems to me that the governments (this one in particular) want to try to force people to think in a particular way by banning this/that/the other.

It'll never work, because the people who don't think that way will group together and be even more consolidated.

They NEVER learn....

Look what happened to Hitler and his bunch of Nazi thugs.

This is only a similar thing except it's (supposedly) being done with more subtlety (yeh right)

Well Trump was good... he came across well... he managed to get a dig at the "fake book" in...

The Darren Osbourne trial may be in trouble. There's been all sorts of Fake News going on today with Sky. Tommy Robinson alleges that he was being set up in an interview to make him look responsible for the attack. Unfortunately, the journalist, not sure of his name but I do feel sorry for him, didn't realise that TR was live streaming the interview.

Wow , you watched a Tommy Robinson video and admitted it . Off to the Tower of London for you mi laddo

Wow , you watched a Tommy Robinson video and admitted it . Off to the Tower of London for you mi laddo

He is a little obsessed with Islam but I do respect him. He is a very brave man. I feel history will not be as harsh on him.

He is a little obsessed with Islam but I do respect him. He is a very brave man. I feel history will not be as harsh on him.

Hahaha. You always were bonkers about Tommy.

History won’t be harsh on him, because history ends up being about important things.

Tommy is just a ten bob Oswald Moseley. He’s not going to be in the History GCSE syllabus anytime soon.

BBC commentary - " Australia win by a country mile"

Look North - "Yorkshireman wins silver as England narrowly beaten".

The the Media only have themselves to blame . They couldn't lie straight in bed.

Don't get me started on headline writers.