Holgate close/ Longley hall Rd area of S5

Does anyone know what its like living in these flats please?

My friend already made one mistake in choosing and doesn't want to make another as it made them ill so needs advice :(

Holgate close just off the avenue a ran run over Milnrow rd ...Parson Cross says it all.

Holgate close just off the avenue a ran run over Milnrow rd ...Parson Cross says it all.

What does it say exactly ?

Mmmm says yr from manor that says a lot as well :P

Anyone who lives nearby and has experience of these areas please?

What does it say exactly ?

it says the vicar is angry, is what it says

Not aware there was a Holgate Close, there are some on Colley Drive that are a bit crap and some on Colley Close which are also crap, I know a few that liked their experiences on the Longley Hall flats though, mind you that was a few years back so it could have changed for the worst since then.

---------- Post added 22-01-2018 at 20:29 ----------

it says the vicar is angry, is what it says

:hihi::hihi:

I used to live on longley hall Road a few years ago, it was pretty decent then. Holgate Close i think is Parson Cross area?

Not aware there was a Holgate Close, there are some on Colley Drive that are a bit crap and some on Colley Close which are also crap, I know a few that liked their experiences on the Longley Hall flats though, mind you that was a few years back so it could have changed for the worst since then.

---------- Post added 22-01-2018 at 20:29 ----------

:hihi::hihi:

Thank you, its the small area of flats right at the end of Holgate Ave close to the roundabout, with Adlington opposite.

Have heard a few good reports about Longley hall :)

---------- Post added 22-01-2018 at 21:02 ----------

I used to live on longley hall Road a few years ago, it was pretty decent then. Holgate Close i think is Parson Cross area?

Yes it is Parson cross, thank you for the feed back on Longley Hall :)

I cant comment on the flats themselves but the area is absolutely fine. i live on Wordsworth Ave between Asda and Margetson shops and I've never had a days trouble in the 4 years I've lived there. (compared to the hell hole that is Walkley where we left due to the crime)

I cant comment on the flats themselves but the area is absolutely fine. i live on Wordsworth Ave between Asda and Margetson shops and I've never had a days trouble in the 4 years I've lived there. (compared to the hell hole that is Walkley where we left due to the crime)

Thank you very much, it certainly used to be a reasonably good area but a very long tiome since I lived around there...Colley close is a nightmare!!!!

Mmmm says yr from manor that says a lot as well :P

I’d rather live on Manor,even though it will always have its bad reputation from the 80s it’s not as bad as people make out.

I’ve lived at Deerlands Close, Holgate rd,Wordsworth Ave in the 70s / 80s it was a lovely area in the early 70s, considering my mate was killed on the brook near Holgate and the story’s I hear from friends and family who still live there, they also prefer the manor as an area to live.

Just my opinion just like Arseholes we all have one......