Sheffield food places to avoid

Guest makapaka
I wonder why they haven’t asked to be re-inspected then. They’ve had 18 months to do so.

Exactly - as if it wouldn’t be the first thing you’d sort out.

“Oh we’re rated at 0 by the food hygiene agency - apparently everything was tickety boo bar we were missing a bit of paperwork - what shall we do about it?”

“Ah just leave it - I mean a 0 food hygiene rating is hardly damaging is it - I mean if the local paper gets hold of it we’ll just complain and say it’s really unfair to say we’ve got a 0 rating when we have got a 0 rating”........

Exactly - as if it wouldn’t be the first thing you’d sort out.

“Oh we’re rated at 0 by the food hygiene agency - apparently everything was tickety boo bar we were missing a bit of paperwork - what shall we do about it?”

“Ah just leave it - I mean a 0 food hygiene rating is hardly damaging is it - I mean if the local paper gets hold of it we’ll just complain and say it’s really unfair to say we’ve got a 0 rating when we have got a 0 rating”........

Apparently they have asked the council for a re-vist but theres a backlog, surely the rating should show that a report is pending.

I can't see anything online or on their website refuting the zero rating or fiving the paperwork mix up explanation.

Saying that it's a paperwork issue is a bit like saying, "Don't worry, officer, I'm a safe driver. No licence? That's just a paperwork thing.". As far as I can see, Thornbridge took over the Cross Scythes in 2012 - how long do they need to get the paperwork sorted? And even if they are claiming that paperwork / previous owners are the issue - and I can't find evidence of that except in this discussion - the ratings report says that "Major Improvement" was needed in cleanliness / condition of the building and "Improvement" in food handling - that's not a paperwork thing.

This is NOT the Thornbridge pub, which is the CS on Derbyshire Lane. The one we are talking about is on Baslow Road! Thornbridge's Cross Scythes scored five, top marks.

I can't see anything online or on their website refuting the zero rating or fiving the paperwork mix up explanation.

Take a look on their FB page.

This is NOT the Thornbridge pub, which is the CS on Derbyshire Lane. The one we are talking about is on Baslow Road! Thornbridge's Cross Scythes scored five, top marks.

They are both Thornbridge pubs. The Totley one is more 'gastro', the other one just a local pub.

Needless to say - they're all worth avoiding like the plague. Which is good, as you might well contract the plague should you eat in any of them!

Take a look on their FB page.

Looks to me like a whinge fest against the Star.

If the owners had sorted out statutory paperwork and record keeping, then they wouldn’t have the problem. Personally, I’d prefer to deal with a company that has written food management procedures, rather than one who bleats on social media.

A company that hasn’t done its job properly, moaning about a local paper that has. You couldn’t make it up.

This.

Some of those ratings are close to a year old, if they haven't bothered to sort things out in that time they should be named and shamed.

The Norfolk Arms (Grenoside) hasn't been doing food for that long so they've soon got their kitchen into a mess by the sounds of this.

They are both Thornbridge pubs. The Totley one is more 'gastro', the other one just a local pub.

No theyre not. The only Thornbridge pub in Totley is the Cricket Inn. The Cross Scythes on Baslow Road has nothing to do with them

Looks to me like a whinge fest against the Star.

If the owners had sorted out statutory paperwork and record keeping, then they wouldn’t have the problem. Personally, I’d prefer to deal with a company that has written food management procedures, rather than one who bleats on social media.

A company that hasn’t done its job properly, moaning about a local paper that has. You couldn’t make it up.

Yes- it's odd how people are criticizing The Star as "never letting the facts get in the way of a good story" - when all they've done is print the facts!

How often do food premises get inspected for hygiene? I was under the impression that it was two or three times a year.....yet apparently this place has waited 18 months since a 'paperwork error' to get another.