1% of the world population own 82% of the wealth

I can completely believe that. :| it's really sickening isn't it !

thing is its still a race for more too :(

Not really. You, me and even Mel are probably in that 1%.

The average household income worldwide is about $10k, including billionaires. Be grateful.

Not really. You, me and even Mel are probably in that 1%.

The average household income worldwide is about $10k, including billionaires. Be grateful.

I can’t see that, some how. I’m very greatful for what I have, but even so. And not to mention, most of these people will lord it over everyone else, and think they’re superior. My last painting was about rich, arrogant people.

Edited by AmberLeaf

I can’t see that, some how. I’m very greatful for what I have, but even so. And not to mention, most of these people will lord it over everyone else, and think they’re superior. My last painting was about rich, arrogant people.

Here it is : https://ibb.co/iFWs9G

LOL

good pic, not that im an art critic lol

Here it is : https://ibb.co/iFWs9G

If you have about $30k coming in then YOU are in the top 1% in the world.

Sorry to break it to you about just how fortunate you are. Oxfam are playing you all like Vanessa Mae on a Stradivarius.

If you have about $30k coming in then YOU are in the top 1% in the world.

Sorry to break it to you about just how fortunate you are. Oxfam are playing you all like Vanessa Mae on a Stradivarius.

the report states

Oxfam has produced similar reports for the past five years. In 2017 it calculated that the world's eight richest individuals had as much wealth as the poorest half of the world.

This year, it said 42 people now had as much wealth as the poorest half, but it revised last year's figure to 61. Oxfam said the revision was due to improved data and said the trend of "widening inequality" remained.

theres mistakes and revisions but it varies between 8 and 42 and 61 INDIVIDUALS i really doubt im in that 61 ;)

the report states

theres mistakes and revisions but it varies between 8 and 42 and 61 INDIVIDUALS i really doubt im in that 61 ;)

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

Oxfam use the annual Credit Suisse report and I can safely say that Oxfam are playing you about the 1% being some small unidentified group. Most of the UK is in the top 1% on average. Just think about the basic population numbers for a moment - the UK has less than 1% of the World population but about 4% of GDP. Half the world lives on about $2 a day. 80% live on about $10 a day. Average worldwide household income is about $10k. The numbers get away from Oxfam's claims VERY quickly, although I suspect that the reporters are being deliberately mislead with careful wording and zero fact checking.

We should be grateful while taking what Oxfam fundraisers say with a pinch of salt.

Edited by ENG601PM

the report states

ENG601PM is right.

Take two average UK salaries of say £25,000 in a household, and you would be in the richest 1-2% of the world.

https://www.givingwhatwecan.org/get-involved/how-rich-am-i/

The reality is that we in the first world are very, very well off, compared to third world countries.

ENG601PM is right.

Take two average UK salaries of say £25,000 in a household, and you would be in the richest 1-2% of the world.

https://www.givingwhatwecan.org/get-involved/how-rich-am-i/

The reality is that we in the first world are very, very well off, compared to third world countries.

thats living standards us vs them, BUT if you take the very few right at the top, who make millions and billions a year, make more than most in the first world aswell as those in the 3rd world

thats living standards us vs them, BUT if you take the very few right at the top, who make millions and billions a year, make more than most in the first world aswell as those in the 3rd world

Your living standards far exceed almost every single person on the planet so why the heck are you moaning about what other people have? If your shadowy cabal of 61 Scrooge McDucks shared all their wealth around you wouldn't even get a Mars Bar.