The way things used to be .

I was the proud owner of a King Conker...…

Glad I did"nt meet you, cheating git.[/quote

You still are .... aren't you Pads ! ? :hihi:

I was the proud owner of a King Conker...…

Glad I did"nt meet you, cheating git.[/quote

You still are .... aren't you Pads ! ? :hihi:

Georgie Thistlethwieght who was in form 4b had a conker ten , Sid Brown of the Manor smashed it up by stamping on it with his ankle boots that had segs and iron heels on the soles of his feet .:mad:

Georgie Thistlethwieght who was in form 4b had a conker ten , Sid Brown of the Manor smashed it up by stamping on it with his ankle boots that had segs and iron heels on the soles of his feet .:mad:

Crikey, and they criticise todays youth...….

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 7:35 PM, Ontarian1981 said:

Typhoo put the T in Britain.

Homepride flour grader, grades every grain.:cool:

You'll look a little lovelier each day with fabulous pink Camay. :love:

Because the lady loves Milk Tray.

Have a break, have a Kit Kat.

Hands that do dishes can feel as soft as your face.:gag:

Also there was the Cadbury's advert for their chocolate bar with the songover 'Everyone's a fruit and nut case', they had to pull that one after complaints from  mental health authorities, so there was a PC brigade around even in 1966.

Edited by St Petre
Spell

Mackeson was a popular milk stout in those days. I visited (I live in Canada) Sheffield several years ago, walked into a bar and asked for a Mackeson. He looked at me like I was barmy. "Blimey. Where have you been all these years?" he asked, as though I'd just been released from prison. How was I to know it is either not made at all anymore or hardly ever drunk?

23 hours ago, St Petre said:

Also there was the Cadbury's advert for their chocolate bar with the songover 'Everyone's a fruit and nut case', they had to pull that one after complaints from  mental health authorities, so there was a PC brigade around even in 1966.

This advert was shown well after 1966 more like early 80s when it was removed.

23 hours ago, St Petre said:

I can't find any reference to it having to be pulled,  just that it was dated and Cadburys changed the name. Can you substantiate this in any way?

Edited by max

Remember the TV ads for Mackeson's stout? A bunch of footballers playing like \they're sleep walking. Someone shouts "Mackeson" and they spring to life. We used to shout "Mackeson " from the Kop to wake the Owls up. Maybe they should try it with the present crew.

23 hours ago, max said:

I can't find any reference to it having to be pulled,  just that it was dated and Cadburys changed the name. Can you substantiate this in any way?

It was taken off for the reason St Peter said but it was more in the 1980s when the PC brigade took over rather than in 1966 .

49 minutes ago, jaffa1 said:

It was taken off for the reason St Peter said but it was more in the 1980s when the PC brigade took over rather than in 1966 .

I might have been confusing that commercial with  earlier Cadbury's ones, those being introduced by actor Arthur Mullard that didn't use the term 'nut case' and just ran their course rather than being taken off,

17 hours ago, jaffa1 said:

Thank you for clearing that up, could you supply any sort of back up to your assertion that it was taken off for anything other than commercial reasons?

8 hours ago, max said:

Thank you for clearing that up, could you supply any sort of back up to your assertion that it was taken off for anything other than commercial reasons?

As I remember at the time there were a lot of people who enjoyed this advert because it had a catchy tune that everyone would be singing but no one ever thought it would be offensive but then we read things in the newspapers and heard on television  that certain people were objecting to it. 

After that it was a changed advert, maybe some other posters remember the details.