Advice required* re Text size of book.

I have recently purchased a book online. The text is smaller than in books I have previously read-it appears to be size 9.

I feel I will struggle a bit with the size, even in good light. I am fine with size 11.

Is there such a thing as an industry standard for the size of text in books? I know text can vary. I don't know what the criteria is regarding text size.

Why don't you do a quick search of the Internet? I can only tell you from my experience that I agree, some books do have very tiny print, it can vary. I know there are (or was) standard sizes for some books to fit into point of sale stands. This is the size of the book, not sure if that affected the text size.

My nan used to have eye problems so used to read large print books. They are in sixteen point size. I don't know if that is still the standard.

I do like a book in my hands to read but I don't mind reading novels or books that don't have illustrations or photos on a Kindle. You can change the text size and orientation of the page on a kindle.