Virginmedia help needed

i'm tryin to help out my elderly neighbour . he's on virgin telephone and theres no dial tone. ive no credit on my mobile so i couldnt ring them for him.

ive tried online help.. it says if you cant get a dial tone. RING 150 ???

so i tried the online chat thing, thinking i could alert them that way and it said the service was closed.. even tho the opening hour is 9am...

my neighbour slipped on the black ice on thursday.. and hasnt been able to contact family until today when i contacted them on facebook and asked if they would ring MY mobile so i could let him speak...

any suggestions please

I have seen other people, this week, with Virgin problems asking for help. Maybe its national?

which would explain why their tech support is shut... it's appalling. i guess they'll be on the job somewhere fixing cables then. we'll have to hope they find the prob.

You have to ring 150 from virgin landline or mobile. I'm with virgin and they've been playing up all week. Sick of them!

If you have a phone that’s internet capable you can go on to their site to see if there are known problems in your post code and an estimated time they will be fixed, although this seems to be around 8 hours after reported, you can also request to be texted when it’s fixed, although last time the text came through an hour after it was fixed.

I have seen other people, this week, with Virgin problems asking for help. Maybe its national?

No problem with my line. Sounds like a local issue.