Mental health services in Sheffield now halved

I was asking what's happened to all the 'extra' money the Tories are always telling us they are putting into the NHS.

There's no improvement so what's happening to it? Where's the transparency, or is much of it going into privatised fat cat's pockets?

It was my fault entirely Anna, I thought this thread was another thread.

If you were a mental health nurse who had left, what would it take to get you back?

As I said, they've got to convince people to return or train people. Many won't be won't want to return under a Tory government. Should they try and get unions on board if they're serious? Maybe. Will unions help a Tory government? No. Just throwing money at something will not guarentee success - certainly if hunt is in charge of the money. May just stating she's going to do something guarentee sod all. Fat cats don't have to be involved for a government idea to go pear shaped.

Edited by tinfoilhat

I was asking what's happened to all the 'extra' money the Tories are always telling us they are putting into the NHS.

There's no improvement so what's happening to it? Where's the transparency, or is much of it going into privatised fat cat's pockets?

I'd go with the latter.

I'd go with the latter.

How? Who? What fat cats are involved is this project?

It's more likely a policy dreamed up by number 10, a figure pinned to it and no idea how to do it. Pretty much like most of her policies!

It's more likely a policy dreamed up by number 10, a figure pinned to it and no idea how to do it. Pretty much like most of her policies!

I'm not a fan of hers either. Or that winter coat she keeps wearing that looks like a duvet.

Well it's all down to supposition. We aren't going to find anything out unless the fat hits the fan. But I refer you back to another thread; why are care homes costing so much? £700+ a week. Various people have tried to say it's simply cost, but it can't be can it? I reckon most of it's going to pay off PFI type arrangements, and the price has gone up.

Same thing is probably happening to money in the NHS. Which means a large proportion of taxpayers money is going via the NHS straight into banker's pockets.

Well it's all down to supposition. We aren't going to find anything out unless the fat hits the fan. But I refer you back to another thread; why are care homes costing so much? £700+ a week. Various people have tried to say it's simply cost, but it can't be can it? I reckon most of it's going to pay off PFI type arrangements, and the price has gone up.

Same thing is probably happening to money in the NHS. Which means a large proportion of taxpayers money is going via the NHS straight into banker's pockets.

I'm not doing the care home thing Anna and how council owned homes charge the same amount as private one's etc etc I'm just too tired.

If you can explain how the private sector can be linked to provision of mental health professionals and/or their training and/or their recruitment or anything else that might be linked to the government's pledge to improve mental health services, I'm all ears.

Until then, I'd wager the government money is mostly sat there doing nowt until hunt tries to work out how to spend it.

Edited by tinfoilhat

It was my fault entirely Anna, I thought this thread was another thread.

If you were a mental health nurse who had left, what would it take to get you back?

As I said, they've got to convince people to return or train people. Many won't be won't want to return under a Tory government. Should they try and get unions on board if they're serious? Maybe. Will unions help a Tory government? No. Just throwing money at something will not guarentee success - certainly if hunt is in charge of the money. May just stating she's going to do something guarentee sod all. Fat cats don't have to be involved for a government idea to go pear shaped.

Tin, you are still missing the point. Mental health nurses and social workers aren't leaving, they are being sacked to save money, and not being replaced. There are plenty of people qualified to do the job, but the jobs are being deleted.

Tin, you are still missing the point. Mental health nurses and social workers aren't leaving, they are being sacked to save money, and not being replaced. There are plenty of people qualified to do the job, but the jobs are being deleted.

I get that. My point is, the government are promising money for mental health services. You (not you I'm trying to illustrate a point ;)) are an ex - mental health professional who has made other career choices after being let go. Would you go back? The system will still be stretched, promises will be more than likely made and not fulfilled. Thousands of nurses are leaving and not coming back - what makes you think mental health professionals will buck that trend?

As anyone who has ever tried to get help for someone with serious mental health proble.s will know, it's appalling the levels the services have been cut. A disgrace that it's people at the very bottom who are being punished because of 'austerity' while those that caused it are still in their mansions. Not one of them was ever punished for their behaviour tbat led the country to recession. Makes my blood boil at the injustice of it. To think that we are meant to have anything but contempt for the way we're treated by those with wealth and power is laughable.

What peolple also fail to take on aboard too is that spending money on mental health reduces problems in other areas. Drugs, crime, violence- so much of that is a result of people not getting help with mental health issues.

As anyone who has ever tried to get help for someone with serious mental health proble.s will know, it's appalling the levels the services have been cut. A disgrace that it's people at the very bottom who are being punished because of 'austerity' while those that caused it are still in their mansions. Not one of them was ever punished for their behaviour tbat led the country to recession. Makes my blood boil at the injustice of it. To think that we are meant to have anything but contempt for the way we're treated by those with wealth and power is laughable.

What peolple also fail to take on aboard too is that spending money on mental health reduces problems in other areas. Drugs, crime, violence- so much of that is a result of people not getting help with mental health issues.

I agree. That's why I'm voting for Jeremy Corbyn who says pretty much the same thing.