How much would you pay for a haircut?

The bottoms fallen out of the market due to an increase of hairdressers. The long established barbers and hairdressers are falling by the way-side unable to cope with the large amount of immigrant hairdressers.

I used to go to the one on Stubbin Lane. Kurds they were. They used to tell me horror stories about Saddam Hussein's brother, they really hated him. Then they disappeared, What about my hair lads, get your priorities right...

The bottoms fallen out of the market due to an increase of hairdressers. The long established barbers and hairdressers are falling by the way-side unable to cope with the large amount of immigrant hairdressers.

I used to go to the one on Stubbin Lane. Kurds they were. They used to tell me horror stories about Saddam Hussein's brother, they really hated him. Then they disappeared, What about my hair lads, get your priorities right...

Are you saying the Kurds went A whey?

Flipping immigrants coming over here taking away immigrants jobs. I blame brexit and Thatcher but not in that order.

Don't really mind if people pay silly money. Friends of mine pay £100+ on Ecclesall Road, but it's their money (that's for women's hairdressing though, not a skinhead).

Mine is £20 in town, which I think is fair enough.

:hihi: the greatest post in the history of this forum.

I'd imagine that the hairdresser made a loss even at £180.

Don't really mind if people pay silly money. Friends of mine pay £100+ on Ecclesall Road, but it's their money (that's for women's hairdressing though, not a skinhead).

Mine is £20 in town, which I think is fair enough.

I have long hair. I only pay £25 for a ladies cut and blow dry at a fairly trendy but out of town salon. The salon has a massage chair you sit in as you have your hair washed.

I have long hair. I only pay £25 for a ladies cut and blow dry at a fairly trendy but out of town salon. The salon has a massage chair you sit in as you have your hair washed.

How much do you charge an hour to your clients? I can't see that a trip to a palace to shave a head, with all the attendant issues, would take less than a working day.

How much do you charge an hour to your clients? I can't see that a trip to a palace to shave a head, with all the attendant issues, would take less than a working day.

Your point is? You can't compare a hairdresser to the waste industry if that's what you are trying to do. I have had decades of further education and ongoing training to pay for.

I think the point of the thread is his haircut doesn't need any skill. As many have said, just shave on number two. Anyone can do that. My hubby can about do that himself. I just straighten the neckline for him. Why would you need to pay a hairdresser to do a home visit for that? I'm sure Kate has a hairdresser. The same person could cut his hair while attending to do Kates hair.

Your point is? You can't compare a hairdresser to the waste industry if that's what you are trying to do. I have had decades of further education and ongoing training to pay for.

I think the point of the thread is his haircut doesn't need any skill. As many have said, just shave on number two. Anyone can do that. My hubby can about do that himself. I just straighten the neckline for him. Why would you need to pay a hairdresser to do a home visit for that? I'm sure Kate has a hairdresser. The same person could cut his hair while attending to do Kates hair.

Loving the sackcloth look that you're sporting this season. Try coordinating it with a mouldy potato pendant, or maybe a little organic mud on the hem.

Flipping immigrants coming over here taking away immigrants jobs. I blame brexit and Thatcher but not in that order.

I liked the conversation. They never asked if I was going away this year...

---------- Post added 22-01-2018 at 14:22 ----------

I don't know what that means, I suppose it's a play on words, but to be polite and not appear stupid.......

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::

Edited by LowCostPoint

It's his money, and giving it to someone else, who cuts hair, so I don't know why people are in disbelief.

I agree and just to add, the stylist Joey Wheeler also did this by appointment at Kensington Palace so its obviously going to cost more as its a designer haircut.