Roadworks Handsworth

3 weeks later and nothing really changed outside the Asda , put in a bit of shuttering and a plastic sheet down !

Emailed the person that I think was dealing with this project....guess what ..didn't even bother to reply

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/sheffield-motorists-were-met-with-these-huge-queues-after-council-s-double-roadwork-blow-1-8977692

according to this star article the roadworks at Asda are due to finish mid february, the roadworks website says 18th february, so in theory should be finished next week....... cant see it somehow!

Whoever is in charge of this farce should be held accountable.

It's an absolute disgrace how long this is taking . Sometimes you see an Amey van parked on the footpath with two guys sat reading the paper but nothing has changed in weeks.

Like I've said in a previous thread if I carried on at work like these useless idiots I'd be looking for work in the job centre. Shame on Sheffield council for awarding massive contract to Amey.

Edited by Bricky1

Amey contract is the biggest farce going

That flippin bus stop near tha Asda turn in should be further up the road near the Aldi. Its a nuisance bang next to traffic lights. People try to get in lane to turn left into Asda or to go straight down to the round a bout then you have to contend with flippin buses getting in the way. :rant:

If the clowns who go into town every day in there car on there own thought about car sharing the it wouldn't be hell around that area and on the parkway every day !

I understand that it isn't possible for everyone but there are plenty of office workers cluttering up the parkway and cannot wait for vehicles to get charged for entering the city !

By the way I will give you a wave when I filter past you on my motor bike when your stuck in traffic lol

If the clowns who go into town every day in there car on there own thought about car sharing the it wouldn't be hell around that area and on the parkway every day !

I understand that it isn't possible for everyone but there are plenty of office workers cluttering up the parkway and cannot wait for vehicles to get charged for entering the city !

By the way I will give you a wave when I filter past you on my motor bike when your stuck in traffic lol

Yeh and thats how accidents happen. :suspect:

That flippin bus stop near tha Asda turn in should be further up the road near the Aldi. Its a nuisance bang next to traffic lights. People try to get in lane to turn left into Asda or to go straight down to the round a bout then you have to contend with flippin buses getting in the way. :rant:

If they moved it nearer to Aldi it'd be within a few hundred feet of the bus stop outside McDonalds so rather pointless having two of them so close together.

It's going the other side of the traffic lights. Think it'll be more of a danger having buses pulling out into traffic that's wanting to turn left onto the Parkway personally.

There isn't a good solution, obviously Asda want to keep a bus stop right outside to encourage foot fall.

The fact it's taking so long is ridiculous. Surely you start a job, complete a job and move on to the next one? Not start, forget about it for a few weeks, do a little bit, forget about it again etc

If they moved it nearer to Aldi it'd be within a few hundred feet of the bus stop outside McDonalds so rather pointless having two of them so close together.

It's going the other side of the traffic lights. Think it'll be more of a danger having buses pulling out into traffic that's wanting to turn left onto the Parkway personally.

There isn't a good solution, obviously Asda want to keep a bus stop right outside to encourage foot fall.

The fact it's taking so long is ridiculous. Surely you start a job, complete a job and move on to the next one? Not start, forget about it for a few weeks, do a little bit, forget about it again etc

In the first instance the stop should have been moved from Macdondals to Aldi hence just one bus stop easy walking distance for Aldi, Asda, as for the Macdonalds customers. Make em walk them Burgers off. :gag::hihi:

In the first instance the stop should have been moved from Macdondals to Aldi hence just one bus stop easy walking distance for Aldi, Asda, as for the Macdonalds customers. Make em walk them Burgers off. :gag::hihi:

It would cause the same problem as the one nearer to Asda, just one set of traffic lights up.

I don't see a good solution as to where the bus stops should be located but what they are actually doing will, in my opinion, make it less safe.

It would cause the same problem as the one nearer to Asda, just one set of traffic lights up.

I don't see a good solution as to where the bus stops should be located but what they are actually doing will, in my opinion, make it less safe.

I agree with you. I forgot about the other set of lights for a minuet, yes it would cause the same problem further up the road..