Roadworks Handsworth

How long are the roadworks at Asda Handsworth going to take.It is absolute chaos all day with the road down to one lane.There never seems to be anybody working on it apart from one bloke sitting in a JCB.

If I performed like those Clowns (Amey) I would lose my job.

The kerbs have been in weeks and still it's not finished.

why do they even need to alter the kerbs in the first place.

Amey need to be concentrating now on repairing the shattered tarmac roads their contractors have laid.

To put the new bus stop in ! Don't think think it's wide enough to help.... hope they got the measurements right ....

Let’s all face it There one big joke ,there so called planners I’d sack the lot of them is there anything they are good at .to think we pay them as well :(

Edited by jacklev1

Whoever puts out the filter signs must be an idiot ,most days you have to filter to the outside lane, but one day last week ,the signs told you to filter out ,then when we got to the works they had opened up the inside lane but left the signs as they were. I honestly don't think they have a clue.

Like I say would not pay them out in peanuts the lot off them embarrassing but it’s the people at the top that need sorting out idiots

Another large contractor awarded loads of government and council contracts.

I've complained about Amey on numerous occasions.

Badger Road was completely relaid around 2 years ago and already breaking up with numerous potholes that have been filled in then open up again.

Obviously not correctly in the first place. There's a crater near Goathland Road that gets wider and deeper everyday!!

Part of woodhouse village was done not so long go and that's breaking up

Part of woodhouse village was done not so long go and that's breaking up

Stradbroke Road near the Co op was resurfaced the week before Christmas.

It's been dug up twice since by one of the utilities.

What makes this situation worse is they've also had the road to Orgreave closed for resurfacing, why do both these at the same time, idiots.

Back to previous posts re. Road works at Handsworth, Amey in their wisdom decided to relay the surface on Laverack Street, thus causing all traffic to re route from going down Richmond Road to go down Richmond Park Road and into the chaos being caused by the works still going on (forever) at the Asda .Could the re surfacing not have waited until the other job was done or is that too simple?